Site With Tech Deals

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Diane Lane, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I know there are a lot of sites out there that have deals on technology, but in my searches, I stumbled upon BeachCamera.com. It's apparently a family owned business that started out as a camera shop, and has expanded into selling not only cameras, but also other electronics, as well as some other items such as kitchen appliances. I had a successful purchase from them, and so yesterday, I purchased a back up camera battery from them, as well. They are part of Ebates, so I received 1% cash back for the purchase, and they also were offering free shipping, so I saved even more money. Hopefully this transaction will be a smooth as the last one, and I'll be a repeat customer. I wanted to share the site for those who are in the market for deals on technology, as well as other products they carry.

2. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Hope it all goes well for you Diane.
    I looked at that site once before and did some checking on the reviews from others, and it came up dismal..
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/beach-camera-green-brook ... ?? .. then the question, is YELP reliable, or working for competition? .. You never know who to trust anymore.

On another note, one thing mentioned in one of those reviews said Amazon is dealing with some shoddy merchants as of late ... I believe that one. I've gotten a couple items that were not as advertised ...disappointing and cheap.
    But that's another thread. :(

3. Diane Lane

Registered

@Bonnie Thomas I read those reviews, and to be honest, several sound like scammers themselves. I love the one by the person who had overlooked the memory card and got another one, only to later find it. I noticed on the invoice, it mentioned to be very sure to go through all of the packaging to make sure no small parts were accidentally discarded.

I'll see how this goes. I will often do this, make a few smaller purchases from a new company, so I can see how trustworthy they are, before making a larger purchase. Hopefully I'll be just as impressed with this next purchase as the last one, and if so, I might leave them two positive reviews, to make up for some of those crappy ones.

I think you're right about Amazon. I hope they're not expanding too quickly, and don't end up ruining their reputation by doing so.

Bonnie Thomas likes this.
  4. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

I think that's exactly what is going on with them. It's a shame.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks so much for letting me know of the nice site. I thought I was ready for my own computer, but after I posted some query threads I changed my mind about getting a computer just yet. I got a lot of researching to do yet before I get my first computer. Guess I'll stick to going to the library for now. I'm entered in a contest to win a Samsung Galaxy 3 though and I hope I win from pch.com.

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Diane Lane

Registered

That's a shame, Bonnie, it seems all of these sites become greedy when they start seeing some money. Many companies these days seem intent on maximizing profits as speedily as possible, without regard to quality or customer service. In doing so, they end up ruining what could have been longstanding stable and profitable companies. Amazon employs a lot of people, and I'd hate to have them ruin the company and people end up losing their jobs. I'm seeing the same trend with Etsy and Twitter, and I think we all watched eBay go down. Even though eBay is still around, it's nothing like it used to be, and Etsy seems intent on following them on the route to Chinese mass produced goods and ultimately a decline in quality and reputation.

@Krisstinna I enter a lot of sweepstakes as well. I haven't won anything in a while, and it would be great to win an upgraded tablet or a laptop to replace my broken one, good luck!

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I shop with Amazon.com frequently, and haven't seen anything even remotely suggesting a degradation of service. Of course, there will be merchandise that doesn't meet expectations from time to time but I have never dealt with a company whose policies on returns are as easy as those of Amazon.com. I have returned a few things and even when the problem was that I hadn't read the product description closely enough, they send a new item or reimburse my payment immediately and issue a return order for UPS to pick the item up for return and, in some cases, they have simply told me to keep the one that I didn't want after sending an replacement or issuing a refund.

Martin Alonzo and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

*I'm trying to win that Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 on pch.com/ and you're very welcome to check it out if you like and good luck in winning. I also found prize.com/games where you can win money in gift cards for playing games, though I'm having a bit of login issues, you might not have any troubles there. Check out both sites see if you like it. Good luck and your're welcome in advance. It is sad that many are sizing down, but it's not because of other countries for other countries are going through the same thing as America too. Let's hope economy gets better everywhere.

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I totally agree with @Ken Anderson about the quality of items from Amazon. I have seldom had any kind of an issue with anything that I bought from Amazon, and when we did have a problem, they often replaced it without even requiring me to send the old one back.
    I recently bought a makeup mirror from Amazon, and some of the lights didn't work. I let them know, and they just refunded my money for the mirror with no question and did not even ask me to send the mirror back to them.
    So I have a free makeup mirror that works fine, and just needs a new bulb or two, most likely. I actually mainly wanted the magnifying side; so as long as some of the bulbs light up, it still does what I wanted it to do.

I have heard of Ebates before; but I do not know exactly how it works, or if it is easy to use and worthwhile having.
    What do you think of it , @Diane Lane ?

10. Diane Lane

Registered

I think the issue is not with Amazon itself, but with a few of the third-party vendors. It took a while for me to get an issue resolved before, but it was eventually resolved, and I also didn't have to return the item, although I ended up giving it away, because I had no use for it.

@Yvonne Smith I love Ebates. I've been using it for over a year now, and have saved money, as well as getting some back. I recently was finally able to convince a friend to sign up. He'd bought several large items over the past year, and I kept telling him he was basically throwing money away by not using Ebates when buying the items, but he's pretty stubborn. Finally, he signed up last month, and was raving about getting his $10 sign-on bonus, as well as getting some money back on his recent large purchase. That's why I have Ebates in my signature line. I wouldn't recommend something I didn't know worked and was legitimate.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Since I seldom buy anything that isn't covered by Amazon Prime, I rarely deal with third-party vendors on Amazon.com.

12. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for the review of the tech site. I am looking for both a new tablet and a new laptop and would like to get a good price on both of them when I decide on what I want.

Diane Lane likes this.
  13. Diane Lane

Registered

I think I might have posted about Tanga here before on another subject. It's a site that has some great deals, and many have free or low cost shipping. I have made a couple of purchases from them, and signed up for emails, as well. I received an email the other day about laptop deals starting at $84.99, so wanted to share it here for @Krissttina Isobe. Before you purchase anything, make sure you look closely at what is inside, so you're not buying something that won't suit your needs, but I know you're in the market for a low cost laptop, so maybe you can find one there.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.