Sick Again

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm a little better now, but I'm behind in my work so I'll be working overtime. That's the problem with working from home -- you don't get sick days.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  2. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson So what did they make of this? Was the feeling that you have something viral going on? I remember back a few years ago I got a virus in late fall and was sick for months, as soon as I started to try and have a normal life I would relapse and be sick again. It was awful and there is not much you can do except rest and let it run it's course. No need to apologize for not being around, life happens sometimes. We all know this.

After that virus and all the crap the doctors kept giving me I switched to homeopathic medicine and I have to say I seldom am sick anymore. Occasionally you really do need an antibiotic, but overall for most things homeopathy seems fine. Probably better the OTC cold remedies that just can leave you so spaced out.

3. Ken Anderson

I didn't see a doctor this last time; I just waited it out, and eventually it went away. I don't know if all doctors are like that but we don't have a lot of choices around here, so when I see a doctor, they rarely concern themselves with the problem that I am there to see them about, instead going on about how I need to start taking statin drugs again. It doesn't matter that I went there for an earache; the earache doesn't get treated, but I get a lecture about Lipitor.

4. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

Hello Ken. I do hope you get to feeling better soon and get to the bottom of your issues. I am lucky that I very rarely get sick. In fact, other than the occasional sniffles, I do not remember the last time I can say I was actually sick. I do have days occasionally where I just do not feel well, but I cannot actually say I am sick. Just a bit yucky and tired out feeling. Anyway,,, get well soon!

5. Ken Anderson

I have been feeling sick over the past couple of days, in the event that anyone has noticed that I have barely been in the forum. I'm not "about-to-die" sick, and I'm not ready to see a doctor yet, but my stomach hurts, my bones hurt, and I've been sleeping 14 hours a day; actually, trying to sleep because it's impossible to get comfortable.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope you feel better soon, Ken. Do you have any fever? I usually get that "achy bones and joints" thing when a cold/flu is coming on.

Last week I felt bad but not horrible; I had a swollen gland in my neck, a sore throat, and general malaise. Basically just didn't feel well so an excuse to be whiny and wear PJs all day.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  7. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Ken, that sounds like the flu to me. I suggest you go to the doctor early in the morning. Get well soon.

9. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Keep us updated @Ken Anderson . You know we all care that you are feeling better soon!

10. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have to ask, did you ever get a flu shot. I guess if you did it didn't work and if you didn't you should have. I had the hernia you described and the gut kept popping out and I would shove it back in. Finally got laparoscopic surgery. They went in through the belly button area and inserted a blowout patch for both sides. No scars and mission accomplished. Some pain once in a while if I do something stupid. Got mine from doing a dead lift with weights after a bad day at work to let off steam. Hope you recover.

11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson

Do I recall correctly you do not prescribe to the flu vaccine?
    Frank

12. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds like the flu to me whether you got the flu shot or not. It makes you feel so bad that you don't want to do anything. Make sure you are drinking lots of fluids especially if you are taking something for your stomach and not eating properly.

13. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I know @Yvonne Smith has some medical issues coming up. IF you aren't feeling well, don't feel obligated to log on.
    We can all look to see if you are on, and if you aren't, we will all be on our best behavior.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Ken, I hope you're feeling better and can check in soon. Take care.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered