Show Some Class Donald And Congratulate A Winner - Will He?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Lon Tanner, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll bet he will not. Trump has never shown much in the way of class unfortunately and yet I still voted for him.

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

No, I don’ think he will. He is not too much interested in tradition.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm going to go with "no." But maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  4. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Not much of a chance. I can't see him suddenly becoming a class act. Hope I'm wrong.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Why is it that people who were okay with social media and newspapers fact-checking everything we say or hear are averse to fact-checking the election count?

6. Bill Boggs

Registered

i don't fact check the election bcecause I depend on CNN or some other news organization to do that for me. I wouldn't know how to fact check it anyway. they say so and so won, then so and so won, as far as I know. I've never been too afraid of voter fraud as a big factor anyway. i'm a fan of the free press, most of them, and depend
    on them to ive me the facts. Besides, I liked the old boy who started CNN and they are my go to station.

7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Me too.

upload_2020-11-8_1-13-41.png

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

So far, the media has called the election. I don't see anything in the Constitution that names the media as the final authority.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

The very title of this thread disgusts me so much that I hate to even comment in it. I realize that the OP is not a caring person, but I did think that he was an honest one, who had integrity, and not someone who would embrace a cheat and a liar.
    When most of us were growing up, we were taught that to get something, we had to work hard to do it, not like the generation of today, who feels “ “entitled” to a trophy simply because they participated, whether they actually put forth effort or not.
    In our day, if someone on a team were discovered to be cheating, the whole team felt disgraced, and they did not want to win, if it were accomplished only through cheating.
    It says a lot about America that so many people don’t care any more HOW a person wins, only that he got the prize.

10. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

I was gonna come here in order to specifically yell at YOU, @Lon Tanner for a thread you posted and updated continuously insisting your candidate would win, based on your own emotions.

But now, with this thread, I think you've redeemed yourself, so no yelling. Instead, I will congratulate you for being a mature gentleman. :)

11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

And there I was, sitting in the bleachers at the only baseball game I have ever been to, and the team I was supposed to be rooting for was down 6-1 at the bottom of the 9th when the stadium started emptying out and instead of going to bat, my team left the field. They did what any good players would do and gave up, shook hands with the opponents and left.

Did that really happen? Well..... just about. The stadium really did start to empty out but instead of being gentlemen and giving up, my team rallied and went to bat and won 7-6. THEN, they shook hands with the opponents and left the field.

Over the past 4 years the Democrats, including Hillary have ranted and raved about losing the 2016 election blaming everything from the Russians to generals but still, could find nothing inappropriate nor illegal with the results. Four years and 2 books later from Hillary, an attempt at impeachment from the Dems in the House costing millions of dollars, rants and raves from the likes of Maxine Waters and others inciting some sort of vengeance and yet, folks expect D. Trump to sit down and shut up because the Dems want him to.

Wasn’t it Hillary Clinton who told Joe Biden over the airwaves to “never concede”? Personally, gentleman or not and considering that the facts are not all in, I would be highly disappointed in Anyone ( yes, even Joe) who conceded under the same circumstances.

12. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The favor of posting a link whereby anyone of either party can report fraudulent activity is indeed a wonderful act of good conscience albeit it’s method of delivery has something to be desired.
    If you are going to do something good, then let it be for the sake of goodness. The extra’s were not really needed now were they?

Lessons in humility? Indeed.

14. Bill Boggs

Registered

I don't either but when the votes are counted you have to depend on something, we can't all run around fron state to state, station to station, and count them ourselves. I think the press, tv news , the media in general, if you will, has taken on far morre abuse than it deserves.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, just read online that Trump supporters are saying......."it isn't over yet!".