Should Christians Get Vaccinated?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Lon Tanner, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw this question posted elsewhere and thought it interesting. I guess some Christians look for a Bibical answer.

2. Herb Durant

Herb Durant Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

you mean like praise the lord and pass the ammunition:D
    I'm Catholic I'm still unsure on what I will do when my turn comes nothing to do with religion though

3. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Do you remember where you saw it ?

Most Christians, same as most other groups, are tricked into the deception whether they know it or not.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

It's an individual's decision, religious beliefs notwithstanding.

5. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Those who know the truth, in any religion, or no religion, never get a vaccine. (or very rarely...)

6. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Even the aborigines in Australia knew enough to leave town when 'americans' showed up to give vaccinations. **
    The natives stayed away until the americans left.
    Anecdotal story from Australia. Fits with everything else .... the natives found out what happens when women get the vaccinations... (re bill gates and population control and spontaneous miscarriages) ...

**this was decades ago, when the woman were warned ahead of time about the abortificant (population control ) with hcg (the pregnancy hormone found in pregnant women and also men with cancer(a cheap test for cancer, btw) ) combined with a 'virus' that was found in 3 out of 4 flue shots and later also mmr, etc .... it cause the women , if they became pregnant (i.e. produced hcg) , to have spontaneous miscarriages... (as far as known, every time they got preg for the rest of their life) - I met some women who got pregnant every year for four to six years, in the midwest usa,
    and each and every time had a miscarriage... the only thing their doctors told them was "a lot of white blood cells (i.e. attracted to infections) were around the placenta.." the doctors never publicly admitted what happened, though it was broadcast from a huge 1200 doctor meeting in Chicago in 2002. )

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Here's an idea; ignore my posts. I don't plan.... to argue.... with nonsense.... and frankly, your obsession with ellipsis.... is annoying.... .... .... .... .... ....

8. Jeff Elohim

Registered

"Blessed are those who are not annoied by the truth" ..

9. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Being a Christian should make no difference.

For the well-being of my family, I will get it soon. I cannot afford to get the virus, because of my wife's compromised immune system and has regular infusions
    One daughter and 2 son-in-laws have already gotten it, and I'm thankful that they have survived.

In case you're wondering about some substance secretly implanted in the vaccine brought about by some nefarious individual (as in some conspiracies), I don't worry about that - YET.
    A troublous time of tumults, pestilences, earthquakes, more wars, and other tribulations will eventually appear, but no one knows when, but we have to watch and be aware. Read Revelation.

But God is full of compassion and love, who will not allow us to be persecuted suddenly with no warning, in my opinion. However, these times we live in are foreboding, and we should prepare.
    Jesus said clearly in the gospels that we will have pestilences, but the end is not yet. (Matt. 24) By the end He meant the one-world government ruled by the worst ruler in history. That won't happen until the 70th week - that is, the 7-year period spoken of in Daniel and Rev. which will begin with the 7-year peace treaty made with Israel. But that's another topic for another thread.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is exactly what I think, too, and well said. @Beth Gallagher .
    While there are some religious sects that do not believe in taking any kind of medication, or even getting medical care; by and large it is simply a matter of personal preference, and not religious beliefs.
    There are people who are not religious who choose to get the vaccine, or not to get it, just the same as there are religious people who decide one way or the other.
    I think that a person should look at what studies have been done, and how effective a vaccine is, and even more importantly, whether they believe that they need it or not.
    If a person thinks that they need the vaccine, for whatever reason, then that is what will make them feel safer.
    Personally, I have an excellent immune system, and I do not worry about getting sick. Although I know that any of us can get sick, I am just not going to live my life in fear of that happening.
    I take care of my body and my immune system to the best of my ability, and trust in God for what I can’t do.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I fail to see the connection between faith and medical decisions.

Someone might say that they refuse to get vaccines because they're from Ohio. That ain't got nuthin' to do with the rest of the Buckeyes in this nation. That's a logic fallacy called "rationalizing from the particular to the universal."

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno. Maybe it kinda works like this: The Christians who go to church on Sunday day and night and Wednesday night should be given an option but only on Monday otherwise they shouldn’t have it unless they have a written excuse from a wayward Rabbi.
    Then there are the Christians who wake up on Sunday morning and mow the lawn but go to church on Christmas and Easter. They shouldn’t get the vaccination until maybe the 1st Tuesday of April but they’re free to opt out at any time before but not after April 1st.
    Of course, those pesky Conservative Christians who write on forums should not be allowed to be vaccinated at all unless they take the in office option of being vaccinated by a practicing Christian Scientist on Thursday or a doctor at his golf course on Wednesday.
    On the other hand, if said forum writing Christians are Democrats then they can have all the inoculations they wish to have but only during a colonoscopy or a complete reading of War and Peace.

Then we have the part time Christians who can’t decide what they really want to be.
    FRED ! Gimme that broken needle one....yeah, the one with the 9 gauge busted needle on it......
    Yup, all the inoculations they want.......

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Realize that true faith in the Creator is a gift that most people do not get. They trust the world or the doctors or whatever flesh they trust, thus remain in the dark. Their decisions are faulty and wrong because they have faith in man/ flesh/ and so on instead of faith in the Creator, thus they receive a curse instead of a blessing. Even true Christians, few though they are, if they trust in man/flesh/ the strength of a countries army instead of in the Creator, they also are subject to His curse, though it might not mean (we hope) that they lose their eternal life in the resurrection... only that in this life they receive HIs curse because they did not have faith in Him but rather put faith in the flesh or in idols which of course He never says to do.

Note that when a person follows Jesus, they might even get a vaccination but not ever because man says to, nor even 10,000 doctors, no. They might do so in faith, being guided by Jesus in the Father's Grace, not sinning in doing so. That is not just between them and God, as so many people claim though, it is also concerning everyone who is abiding in Jesus as He Says, all one in Him, not independent of one another. It is possible also, just a thought, that it is also related to others around them who are not believers in Jesus - the testimony of the Christians life is seen by others, and may well affect them one way or another - so , no, it is not just between that person and God, as if their life and faith was something hidden under a bushel basket , no. It either shines brightly on the hill, or in the valley of death, or where-ever they live, in this world of darkness, or it does not shine.... I'm getting off on a tangent though... it is near midnight and I'm tired and have to get up soon to go to work...

Good night, and Shalom to all and their households TODAY as (or if?) The Creator Grants His Grace as He Pleases.

short version: IF any "Christian" gets a toxic vaccination, they should be sure they are doing so in faith, trusting the Father in heaven, and not in unbelief, trusting in the flesh.

John Brunner likes this.
  14. Dan Ess

Dan Ess Active Member
    Registered

Should Christians get vaccinated?

No. Especially not this covid garbage which is not a vaccine and for a supposed illness that 99.97% of the population recover from with no lasting ill effects. I take no synthetic medications at all now but several years ago they had me on 12 different medications. I couldn't think straight, had no motivation, weighed 300 pounds and was nearly dead. Five years ago I stopped taking them, I'm doing much better now. I love life again, I lost 100 pounds and feel great for the most part. Allopathic medicine is deadly in my opinion.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

You are a youngster Dan. Hardly a bona fide Senior