Sewing Machine Embroidery

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Kate Ellery, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I’ve mentioned somewhere on a thread in the past I have a combined sewing / embroidery machine that’s 23 years old .,in fact it’s so old to sew out a design of my choice, … I have to load a design onto a floppy disc to insert in my machine and of course do other preparations to sew out a design like putting the fabric in a hoop with a stabiliser called tear away .

Anyway I was going to post in recent online purchases about my purchases being tear away …and I can just imagine members who read about ….my purchase saying …..what's that :p:p

Back to my machine I made this today including the seperate embroidery m I added after bag was partly constructed as well as being fully lined
    ( drawstring bag )

I made it to put a few little gifts in ( rather than using plastic ) for a member swap on the crafty forum we have 2-3 times a year , its being posted along with the goodies to a Queensland member tomorrow

So anyone else got an embroidery sewing machine ? Do other sewing crafts ?

IMG_5439.jpeg

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I used to do a lot of needlepoint. I would make stuff from kits, and I would freehand a lot of stuff. I've made a bunch of Christmas ornaments using large square plastic mesh and knitting yarn, just sitting in front of the TV using no patterns...just making stuff on-the-fly.

I've often wanted to learn to sew, if for no other reason than to make window treatments, which are horribly overpriced in the stores.

4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I used to sew most all my clothes. My last attempts were to make bras and leggings using 80/20 nylon/spandex. I was never happy with my attempts since I used a zip zag with a loose straight stitch. I needed a serger but never bought one. I saw an overlock stitch machine the other day, while buying upholstery fabric for my dining chairs, but finally told myself no.
    '
    I did buy a new Singer a few months ago and so far only used it once to hem pants for a friend.

Very nice work Kate! Sewing is a nice pass time and I should get motivated. I never tried an embroidery machine.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  5. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Mine is a Husqvarna it was purchased in Feb 2000 so it’s getting close to 24 year old and of course outdated technology but it still sew what I want it to do @Faye Fox

Nancy Hart and Faye Fox like this.