Seniors Making Best Of Their Golden Years

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Marie Mallery, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I think the lady had a good attitude about ageing.

2. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yall may want to move this one to proper forum.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno Marie, I think the place you put the thread is just fine.

For the most part, we as seniors have way too much time on our hands so trying to find an outlet for productivity and for our own enjoyment at the same time should be at the top of our “to do” lists.
    After all, our hands and knees are suited for the production of calluses, not our butts.

For whatever reason, whilst I was watching the video, @Von Jones came to mind.
    She’d obviously never built a she shed before but she set out to build one. It may not seem like a thing one would do in the realm of “leisure” but it’s not necessarily the end result that counts but the journey getting there that can stir up that old feeling of self accomplishment and joy.

It’s kinda like building a chair. The time and process of building it might make for a little anxiety but once done, that’s when the real joy kicks in;
    unless of course if one leg is shorter than the other but even then, one can then call it a rocking chair and as a senior, get away with it or stick a match book under the leg and all will be well.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Whenever I build something at home, that is, something bought unassembled from a store, I truly like what I see. That is, however, if it's not very technical to build. IOW, we bought a new Tech Computer Table for our desktop. The glass top was very heavy and just too much for me to put together. The store we bought it from, gave us a business card of someone that would build it for us. we paid $80 to have it built in our apartment and it was very much worth the money.

In fact, the guy who built it for us, told us that he is the one that wrote the Instructions, that came with the table, on how to build it.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

I guess Von and others here just prove. our enginuity sets in as we age, it has if we are to get things done, our kids aren't much help, they are too busy or far away.

Mary Stetler and Bobby Cole like this.