Secret Diary. Do Not Read

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Beth Gallagher, May 26, 2021.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm so excited, and how sad that I find this exciting, haha. :D I started a seed tray of pickling cucumbers 3 days ago and they have already sprouted!!! I also "planted" some spinach, lettuce, chives, jalapenos, and a couple of cherry tomatoes in one of the Aerogardens and some of those have sprouted, too. The first Aerogarden has really been prolific; we have had plenty of lettuce, basil, and dill from there. I put some dill in the freezer because I can't use much of it at a time.

Earlier today I started some tomato seeds in the knock-off Aerogarden, that will be transplanted outside to the raised beds in March. I chose beefsteak, roma, white cherry, and marglobe tomato seeds for a little variety. Also a few red and green bell peppers. That should be more than enough for those little raised beds so I'll likely have some tomato plants in pots on the patio, too.

I have quite a cobbled together setup of a "garden" in the dining room. (Placed in there because all the Aerogarden lights look like an international airport at night.) I told my hubby that I'm really enjoying the gardening without sweat, but I'm still looking forward to getting my hands in the dirt in a couple of weeks.

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Way to go, @Beth Gallagher !!

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I just received my grocery order and they must have some new kid working in fulfillment. I got a case of 500 baby wipes (??), a giant bunch of bananas, a loaf of Dave's bread, and a box of frozen blueberry waffles that I didn't order. I was missing all my frozen foods... assorted veggies and some pie crusts. I called the store and was told to keep the "extras" and they will send my replacement frozen foods within an hour. What on earth will I do with a case of baby wipes?? (lavender scented, of all things.)

In other news, just check out my pickling cukes after 4 days... amazing. (Again, the lighting is weird because of the purplish grow light.

upload_2023-2-11_14-39-8.png

It's a cool-ish day (50's) and overcast, and the wind makes it seem much colder. I woke up at 5 a.m. and reset the timers on the Aerogardens in the dining room. With them all on at night it looks like the main flight path at JFK airport down there, so I'm trying to get all the lights to be on during daylight hours.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Beth, baby wipes can be used on certain delicate areas and you'll smell sooo pretty. ;):)

5. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I always keep a pack of baby wipes in the car when traveling for for wiping our fingers after eating ….. (we try not to eat in the car ) and they are good for cleaning up and mess / spills in the car ….along with what Shirley said :)

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I agree and I do keep a few packages of wipes in the linen closet. But this is a CASE of them; 500 or something. My husband is going to see if his friend wants them since she has a couple of baby grandkids.

7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I wonder who ordered 500 of them? That will clean a lot of territory. :)

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If not, a church or homeless shelter , or even the local senior’s center would probably love to have all of those disposable wipes, @Beth Gallagher .

9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That is what I was going to suggest, or a shelter for abused women that allows babies.

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Someone who likes a lot of bananas, Dave's Killer Bread, and frozen waffles with blueberries. :D

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I found my old grannie-bun avatar. :D Maybe I should dye my hair that color again. :p

I'm on my way to the doctor at 2; I've been having horrible muscle cramps all over my body. They started in my back under my shoulder blade about a week ago and have progressed to the point that now it seems like I can't move at all without a cramp. If I yawn I get a cramp in my jaw. About 4 a.m. I woke up to a knot in my calf that felt like a baseball, and I couldn't straighten my leg. Now that calf is so sore I can barely walk. What the hell.

Anyway, I'm miserable and hoping they'll say I need potassium or something simple and I can get something to help. I drink plenty of water and eat a balanced diet, so I have no idea what's causing this. I have googled my fingers off and get basically the same tired stuff... dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, low potassium, etc. I hope it's something simple like I need potassium or whatever. I remember having these cramps during chemo so this is just weird.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. I guess my hubby will pick up steaks from Outback or somewhere. We don't go out on holidays.

12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I sure hope they can figure it out. My friend had that and it was from the cholesterol medication she was taking. I had it but it was from electrolyte imbalance from a med I was taking for my nerve pains. It seems you have covered all this, so I can't imagine what it could be. Do you take any meds that are sodium blockers?

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

The first thing the nurse asked me on the phone... are you taking a statin? I am not so that was easy. I take Lisinopril for BP, a beta blocker, and an omeprazole every day and have been for years. I have no idea if any of those are sodium blockers.

I am a bit worried that this could be heart-related... if I have a blockage and my blood isn't circulating sufficiently that could cause cramping... right? (I have no idea but my mind goes all over the place.) I'm going to ask for every blood test in existence and an EKG. If nothing else I'll also ask for a mild muscle relaxer; I have got to find something for some relief. As I sit here, a knot is forming on my ribcage and the pain is starting. Just crazy.

14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm sorry you're having this stuff. The worse part is the places our minds go...

One easy/cheap thing to do might be to take some Pedialyte. If this is an electrolyte issue, that could help take the edge off. I keep a bottle of it on hand, but have yet to have a need for it.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Yeah, I didn't used to be "health-obsessive" but things have changed. I really hate it when weird crap comes out of nowhere and I can't shake it off.

Naturally the first thing I did was jump on Amazon and order a bunch of supplements (magnesium, calcium, etc.) and they are coming today, but I snapped out of it and just decided to go to the doctor and see if I even need any of it. Hopefully I'll have some answers today because I am truly miserable.

Don Alaska likes this.