Secret Diary. Do Not Read

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Beth Gallagher, May 26, 2021.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I too have always loved the feel of the sun on my skin and also have wrinkles and also the yearly removal of basal cell carcinoma and other skin pre-cancers.

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been extraordinarily lucky in that I inherited my mother's olive skin; I have not had a single skin cancer in spite of me. :D My hubby has an annual crop of BCCs due to his blonde hair and green eyes, and my poor dad (farmer) died of metastasized melanoma. I do keep an eye on my skin, but I love sunshine.

Faye Fox and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Registered

This evening I talked to my son on the phone; he's such a great person. (I used to say "great kid" but he's definitely a man now at almost 40.) He and I share the same weird sense of humor and have so many "shared jokes" that we can entertain each other for hours. He calls me every week to see how I'm doing and ask if I need anything.

About a month ago I was surprised to get a call from my first husband. He called to wish me well with cancer treatment, which meant a lot to me. He was my first love, my high school sweetheart, and the father of our sons. Honestly, our marriage broke up because I was immature and stupid, so I wonder why he doesn't despise me for that. But we both moved on, shared our sons, and managed to marry other great people. Hearing his voice on the phone and getting caught up with each other's lives was a bright spot in my day. I suppose our first loves always have a place in our hearts, even after moving on.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  4. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

right after that video?

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

So today's the unofficial beginning of summer; everyone can pull those white shoes out of storage. :D We're not doing much different today; I'm about to get some laundry started and we'll grill steaks later.

I've been putzing with various computers for the past few days. Yesterday after my newest Dell laptop wouldn't load from the rescue disk I threw it across the room in a fit. It was moments away from "hammer time" when suddenly it began to read the restoration files. I ended up having to reload Windows for the THIRD FRACKIN' TIME in less than 2 weeks. :mad: I have no confidence that it won't die again and when it does, "POW! Right in the kisser!"

I also dragged out an older Dell which is still chugging along, though it is slower than molasses in January. Naturally since it hadn't been powered up in a while, Windows updates began immediately and lasted for hours. That should be the death knoll for that poor old machine.

I didn't retire from 28 years in IT to spend my time trying to keep junk updated and working, and "troubleshooting." I'd rather just actually shoot the junk and get on with my life. I've developed an active hate for all things computerized.

Which reminds me... I'm still shopping for a new fridge and I want to know exactly why a refrigerator needs internet connectivity???? Is it really imperative that a person can control their refrigerator from across town? Exactly how much control does a refrigerator need?? Are Alexa and the Whirlpool going to be plotting against me? It must be Trump's fault. :p

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

In red above: Welcome to the New Age of America! Today's young people want as much as possible to be run by either their iPhone, Alexa or Google Home. For us, it came seem insane, but for them it is very, very convenient and, above all, very cool.

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'm more concerned about anyone who actually feels the need to "monitor" their refrigerator from a remote location. Somehow when I leave my house, the butter is on it's own in there.

8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Personally, I feel that refrigerators are designed by males and the idea appeals to them that they can ask a strange woman while across town what the status is of their beer, but can't answer a cell phone to chat with the wife and pick up a gallon of milk. When women start designing these chilling boxes, things will change.

Bart: "Yello."
    Alexa: "Hey Bartholomew, why did you put the milk jug back in the frig empty?"
    Bart: "I didn't do it, it was the cat."
    Alexa: "We'll your wife says stop by the Quick Mart and get a gallon."
    Bart: "I am running late and don't have time."
    Alexa: "No problem, I am turning myself off and throwing my doors open so when you drag your worthless ass back here, your beer will be hot because I am also turning off the central air. Your wife is packing as we speak and I am now calling the moving company."

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Will "some" men ever learn???

10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

:D:D:D

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I'm not feeling great this week; I get tired very easily which is annoying to me. Also, I've been having neck/shoulder pain radiating from the C5-C6 disks where I have some degeneration. The pain has moved down into my shoulder, even under my shoulder blade area. So ugh, I'm whiny. I'm not supposed to take any anti-inflammatory medication which is usually helpful. These days I'm more concerned about my poor overworked liver so I try to avoid medication.

Last week I ordered a light brown wig that is the same style as a fluffy gray one that I bought a couple of months ago. It is supposed to be delivered today so that will give me something to play with. This way I can either be brown or gray without chemicals. :D I usually wear a scarf or little cotton knit beanie thing around the house but I seem to get hot with anything on my head, so unless I'm cooking I have stopped wearing those, too. So I walk around in full-on Cancer Person mode because what difference does it make, really?

We are supposed to get more rain today and the sky is getting gray. I'm really tired of rain but that's spring on the Gulf Coast for ya.

I can't believe it's June 1 already... this year is half gone. Our 34th wedding anniversary is coming up soon, so I need to order a new pair of Uggs mocs for the better half. His old ones are 4 years old now and he has really gotten his money's worth out of them. He wears them everywhere, forgetting that they are "slippers." :rolleyes:

Ugg olsen.png

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Ugh, I'm grossed out and mad. The wig came and it is USED... what the heck. It even has "product" in it or hairspray or something. So gross. I will be sending this back and forget it; it's not like I was going to wear it anyhow.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One of the most anti-inflammatory food is fresh (raw) pineapple, if you like pineapple, @Beth Gallagher . Since you can’t take the anti-inflammatory meds right now, maybe the pineapple would help get rid of some of the inflammation. I use it if I have inflammation in my back or hips, and it helps me, plus gets rid of the swelling in my legs and feet.
    What I do is usually just have kind of a pineapple fast, where that it what I eat that day, or until I start feeling better.

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I guess my refrigerator heard me talking about a replacement; it started throwing codes again today but it's still cooling. Back to studying model specs on the internet.

Yesterday I woke up with pain in the top of my left foot; apparently I have "extensor tendonitis". Oh goodie, another irritating health problem. Treatment is to stay off it, take anti-inflammatory meds, and apply ice. Well, I don't know how I could sit more than I already do and I'm not supposed to take anti-inflammatories while on chemo-- so ice it is. It doesn't hurt while I'm sitting or lying down, but that first step when I stand up is a killer. Ow.

I have a grocery order coming tomorrow and I ordered a fresh pineapple. :D Thanks, Yvonne!!

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

So today I stared at refrigerators online, reading reviews and specs till my eyes were crossed. The tipping point was Home Depot's sale. :D I ordered a 26.9 cu ft LG that looks like this...

[​IMG]
    I like that the water dispenser is on the inside, and the ice maker is in the top freezer drawer (both of the drawers are freezer.) It's supposedly in stock and delivery is scheduled for the 11th. I hope my old one will keep chuggin' for 8 more days.

I really wanted the Kitchenaid but it's out of stock everywhere and costs a lot more than the LG. So time to move along.