Ruby Is In The Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Terry Page, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning Ina. As far as long term goals, no I dont set any. Actually I never did, I never was goal oriented.

I can plan ahead for things within a few days, that's all. Daily goals can be things to accomplish around the house, meeting friends for lunch, a purchase of something I want, anything that's attainable.

2. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Holly, Good Sunday to you. No, I don't know about my ancestors. Beyond both sets of grandparents, I only know the name of my paternal great grandfather; Alexander Tcherno.

I did have one of those general DNA tests from Ancestry.com, no surprises except for one. While I'm 96% Eastern European and 2% Northwestern Russian, I am also 2% Finnish!

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ruby Begonia , It is a good thing that you still have your grandson living with you. He'll help keep you in the "know" of what's going on in his generation, and you get to impart some of your well earned wisdom, without having to put it into lecture form.

I find that now as a person on my own I'm a bit confused as to what to look forward to. If you were to advise me single living, what are some of the most pleasant things I should look into?

4. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Ina, you are so right, it is a good thing I have my grandson with me. We are lucky to have each other! I never thought of what you said about him keeping me "in the know" before.

Ina, you are already carving out your own interests and plans for enjoyment during your day. You're weaving and volunteering and I know you garden.

I guess if I could add anything more, and this is based only on my own desire, would be to meet with live people more. Look forward to a lunch date with an old or new friend or a movie. Little things are easier.

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My sister just did one a few weeks ago, mine would be very similar. Mostly Eastern European, then Scandinavian and the surprise was 4% Asian. There was something else but I forgot.

6. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Chrissy, Asian, wow how exotic! I'm curious about the rest now.

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

The only exotic one was the Asian. She did this through national geographic. A cheek swab I think, it was $150, but it also gave a lot of info on how most people migrated and many things are very common, like the scandanavian part, etc.

And I could be slightly different. We have the same parents but we are not Siamese twins so we did get some different genes.

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Lol, I'm half asleep. I meant identical twins, not Siamese. I had a rough night.

9. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Lol, Chrissy, but sorry you had a rough night. :(

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Ruby thanks for asking all the questions..it's been a blast getting to know more about you... :D

What TV programme , do you try never to miss.. ?

11. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Thanks, Holly. There is only one left, since the other is over now, and that's ABC's The Chew. I'd provide a link but I can't copy it on my tablet.

The other was one you don't like: Downtown Abbey.:D

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ruby, do you like to exercise and do you? If you say no, I'll like you even better than I already do. :)

13. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Ruby have you enjoyed the experience of being questioned in the Hot Seat so far, or was it a trial for you?

14. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Ruby Sagittarius typically love to travel, and hate being cooped up anywhere for long ...and usually adore animals...do either or both of these apply to you? :D

15. Ruby Begonia

Registered

@Chrissy Page, lol, thank God that angel wing may stay around me! I don't like to excersize and I dont. Of course we all should but it just hurts too much.