Roll Call

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Hedi Mitchell, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am so sorry that all that is going on, Tony. I hope everything gets straightened out in the best possible way.

2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Ditto! I can't imagine all you have gone through @Tony Page. I hope things get better soon.

3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

@Tony Page even tho your home being destroyed by fire was a couple of months ago ,I’m only just reading your posts cause I’d had a month away from the forum till a couple of days ago. ( apart from an odd post )

I can understand you going into the home I did a similar thing back in 1976
    We had an unexpected house fire while still in bed so I got the kids out , no dogs inside cause they were the famers working dogs (a Farmer owned the home)

It was 2 days before Christmas 1976 I went back into the house to collect blanket for the kids and got the side of my hair singed by falling ceiling panels, they were those old plaster stuff with the fibres in the plaster
    And would you believe it someone actually stole one of one my daughters Chenille bedspreads never to be seen again it’s was pink and had ballerinas on it

We lost everything except for a cupboard in the kitchen full of bulk foods and the blankets I managed to rescue .

The home was one of those huge lime stone homes about 100 years old and the fire was fuelled by bird nests in the old wood slat type eves of the house ( it was rebuilt a couple of years latter ) due to the walls being substantial stone walls the heat didn’t penetrate

Hope you and your family are OK it’s a scary experience something I wouldn’t want to ever experience again in my lifetime

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

We are all okay now, the only issue is my seven-year-old grandson, will bring the subject of fire up and we try to explain that it's not common and he has nothing to fear.
    I spent the first two nights after the fire in a motel. My wife, daughter, and three grandkids spent the nights at my middle daughter's house which is about 4 MI away, since the insurance company was willing to pay for a motel I decided to take advantage of that I wanted to be alone. I remember the first night I didn't sleep much couldn't wait for the sun to get up so I can get back to the house and look for our missing dog, while there I went into the house and that's when it hit me and I saw stuff that we cherished just flung around, I never did get to see the room where the fire was the debris was just too hard for me to get through.
    I remember first night besides worrying about the dog that was missing, itemizing all the things that I needed like a change of clothes, toiletries, food etc.
    In case anybody was wondering about where my son-in-law was, he moved out of the house about 6 weeks before the fire, he and my daughter are in the trial separation.
    I worry about my grandkids with their parents separated, then the fire, they're only five, seven, and eight.

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Did you find the dog, @Tony Page?

Jake Smith and Tony Page like this.
  6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I sat in the backyard calling her she eventually came out from her hiding spot, when she saw it was me she was extremely excited.
    She found a hole behind some shrubbery where she hides even now if she should run into one of the workers.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Has anyone heard from @Marie Mallery or @Jake Smith ?

It's been over a month since they've been around. Maybe they're just taking a break.

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

They had best get back here. I’m liking that there’s another couple on the forum.

9. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Another person I thought of: what became of Corie? Haven't seen her here in a long time.

10. John Brunner

Who's Corie? The name is not ringing any bells.

11. Joanna Newton

Registered

A lady from the Phillipines. Corie Henson.

12. John Brunner

I believe I've come across some of her posts. She was before my time.

13. Joanna Newton

Registered

Oh.

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I run into Corie and her husband every now and then but only on sites that are attached to Forum Wheel or Forum Hub.
    Many of us including Ken belonged to Senior’s Playground, a now defunct site that was similarly attached to Forum Wheel and when it closed down and Ken started this one, a lot of us just migrated here sans the paid posting of course.

15. Joanna Newton

Registered

I've never heard of Forum Wheel or Forum Hub.

John Brunner likes this.