Rogue One, New Star Wars Movie To Be Released In December

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Chrissy Cross, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

and I'm excited because I'll be in Illinois where my 3 youngest grandsons live so it will be a chance to see an epic movie with them and make some memories. @Cody Fousnaugh, will you be seeing this one? I was surprised that I enjoyed the last one so hope this one is as good.

In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire's ultimate weapon of destruction. This key event in the Star Wars timeline brings together ordinary people who choose to do extraordinary things, and in doing so, become part of something greater than themselves.

Release date: December 16, 2016 (USA)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    Gary Ridenour likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, we will see. It actually takes place between the 3rd and 4th movie. It happens after Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader and before Princess Leia gets the plans/layout to how the Death Star is built.

Only thing is, from a Trailer I seen, the Stormtroopers are the ones from the last movie (The Force Awakens), when they should be from Star Wars 4 (A New Hope).

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I don't know my stormtroopers that well anymore. I always get a refresher when I go to visit the grandsons.

I'm pretty sure by Christmas the lego sets for this one will be out so I will get up close and personal as I try to build
    them....although the 2 older ones don't need help anymore. Depends on the set though.

It took my son a few days to put the "Death Star" together but he only did it when he had the time...still quite a project.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, we are major Star Wars fans and have all 7 movies, plus some small character figurines, t-shirts, my wife has a Stormtrooper necklace and, of course my wife's costumes (Princess Leia's White Dress/Star Wars 4 and a Female Stormtrooper costume as well as my Vader costume).

Compared to some Star Wars collectors that we've met, we don't have much collectibles at all.

Some folks get very shocked when I tell them that I was 28 when the first movie came out in 1977.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

One year my grandson (California one) had a Star Wars themed birthday party and my daughter who does everything to perfection dressed as Princess Leia, her husband was Darth Vader...all the party food was Star Wars themed.

I made pretzel rods look like light sabers. I melted white chocloate and colored some blue and another color and dipped the rods into that and wrapped foil around the bottom for the handle. She had huge cut out figures of some of the Star Wars characters (lifesize) placed around the house. Games all revolved around Star Wars and so did the prizes.

All the boys came dressed as Jedi's and my daughter had extra costumes if someone
    didn't have one but most did since it was a popular Halloween costume for boys at that time and my grandson's birthday was Dec. 1.

Between 5 grandsons, I have played with everything remotely related to Star Wars. They have all the lego sets...the figurines, the ships.

The boys in Illinois even have a Star Wars themed bedroom. The older two share a room with a bunkbed. The younger one has his own room, it's dinosaur themed. :)

6. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

I have the original first series and still watch it

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just watched the new (#2) Rogue One Trailer and it showed the Stormtroopers from Episode 4 (A New Hope). Guess they changed them to match the Stormtroopers from A New Hope.

The difference:
    Stormtroopers from Episode 4 (A New Hope) had a "frown" on their mouth/face.
    Stormtroopers from Episode 7 (The Force Awakens) have a (what appears to be) a large smile on their mouth/face.

Even though George Lucas was only an Advisor to The Force Awakens, it was reported that he was not happy with some changes that JJ Abrahams done to his original Star Wars movies (the way the Stormtroopers looked).

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Did her husband have the cheaper Darth Vader costume, which was a thin black cloth jumpsuit or the expensive one like mine?

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I can't remember. When I visit I'll look for the pics. I'm sure my daughter didn't spend a lot for him to wear it for a few hrs to a children's party..he was moaning and groaning as it was. :)

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I will save this info for future reference. These things are important to me in being a well loved grandmother. Thanks!