Registration Glitch?

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Yvonne Smith, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have been helping a friend who was having trouble registering. When I tried to complete the registration for him, first it would not do it because the last part of his email disappeared , so it was not an actual email. I re-typed it again, and submitted the application, and it was accepted; but he is not receiving a confirmation email.
    When I sign into Dave's account, it shows him as an online member, and awaiting a confirmation email. When I sign into my own account, it does not show Dave as a member at all.
    Can you please verify Dave Sun manually, and get the registration straightened out for him, Ken ?

2. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator
    Staff Member Greeter Registered

The email is probably in his spam filter. That would be my guess.

Later... No, Dave Sun shows as a registered member, so he must have confirmed his email. He should be able to log into his account.

3. Yvonne Smith

He does not show up on the little picture chart of latest members. If you do a search for "Dave Sun", nothing comes up in the member list.
    I just logged into his account again (just now) and it still says awaiting verification. It won't even re-send the request for me.
    Can you please check and see why this is not going through and verify Dave manually ?
    I can send you a screenshot if you want ?

4. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator
    Staff Member Greeter Registered

He shows up on my end, and from my Ken Anderson account, which is a regular member account, not an admin account. When I go into his user account on the administrative account, he shows up there as a registered member as well. Have you tried flushing your browser cache? Maybe you're looking at a cached copy. Has he tried logging in? I don't know if he'll show up on the picture chart until he actually logs in.

[​IMG]

5. Yvonne Smith

It is all working now, so I messaged him to let him know . Thank you for fixing it ! Maybe when I logged in for him this last time, it updated things. Anyway, everything is working, and now he can add an avatar and start chatting with everyone.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

7. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

And I, the one you folks are referring to, would like to thank you both. Everything seems to be a-ok now. Dave Sun

Admin, Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yea, Dave ! ! I am SO glad that everything is finally working. I promise I didn't tell too many bad jokes while i was posting on your account, trying to make sure it was working. I think that our iPads are more sensitive to the software on some forums than on others, and I have little glitches on here with my iPad; but basically everything works, and you should not have any problems now, so again......WELCOME !!

9. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi, my first day, my first question. Some people have their age posted and some don't. When I registered it said it was required. I'm a big fan of "age is just a number" but now my profile won't let me forget it :D How can I stay focused on feeling 25? It's okay to post my birth day because I wouldn't want to miss out on all the presents and cake I'll be receiving (cough cough), but can you you delete the year and number please?

10. Ken Anderson

It's required that you give your age when registering, since the forum is for those fifty and older. It is not required that it be displayed publicly. There is an option to not display it, and it's okay to choose that.

11. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

It's me again, new issue. I've been here a month and have never logged out because I never wrote down my password and am not sure I remember it. I've been afraid I wouldn't be able to get back in. I might remember my password so I'm going to log out and try it (after I hear your reply). If I can't get back in then will I be able to register again with a new last name? This time I'll write down my password.

12. Ken Anderson

I am unable to view member passwords. This is a security measure because many people use the same passwords for everything.

However, you DO NOT need to re-register. What I can do is change your password for you. What I would suggest, when you are ready, is this. I can change your password to whatever you like. You will then need only to log out, and log back in using the new password. Knowing the new password, you can then change your password again, to something that you will know, but I will not, or leave it as it is. Let me know if you want me to do that.

Also, in the unlikely event that you are unable to log back in after we have done that, don't get frustrated. You can contact me at kenanderson@kenanderson.net and I'll figure it out.

13. Ken Anderson

If you know which email address you used to create your account (if you don't, I can tell you that), you can reset your own password using the "Forgot my Password" option during log in. Or I'll do it for you, as discussed above. Either way, I want to get you set up in something that works for you.

14. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, I do know the email address I used to register so I will do as you say and use the "Forgot my password" option. I wasn't sure that option was available. I'll write down your email in case something goes kaflooey. Thank you.

15. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I made it back...YAY! I was so afraid to try but my memory served me well…for a change :) So, I'm good now and thank you for your help. I was just so afraid I'd never be able to get in again…ever! I love it here!

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.