Ready For Breakfast?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Helene Lawson, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

Who wouldn't like to eat delicious scrambled eggs for breakfast? A tasty and quick meal if you're hungry. :D

Ingredients

• 2 large free range eggs
    • 6 tbsp single cream or full cream milk
    • a knob of butter

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Helene Lawson

Registered

Directions
    1. Lightly whisk the eggs, cream and a pinch of salt together until all the ingredients are just combined and the mixture has one consistency.
    2. Heat a small non-stick frying pan for a minute or so, then add the butter and let it melt. Don’t allow the butter to brown or it will discolour the eggs. Pour in the egg mixture and let it sit, without stirring, for 20 seconds. Stir with a wooden spoon, lifting and folding it over from the bottom of the pan. Let it sit for another 10 seconds then stir and fold again.
    3. Repeat until the eggs are softly set and slightly runny in places, then remove from the heat and leave for a few seconds to finish cooking. Give a final stir and serve the velvety scramble without delay.
    Recipe from Good Food magazine (c)
    • Tip
      Getting the best results
      Always use a non-stick pan with a wooden spoon for best results and easy cleaning. Don't over-stir - think of theseas folded eggs rather than scrambled. The eggs should have the texture of soft curds. It's best not to cook more than three portions in one go as you will overcrowd the pan and the eggs won't cook as well. For larger numbers, cook in two pans rather than one.

Ike Willis likes this.
  3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

The eggs sound good but where's the bacon?o_O

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Helene Lawson

Registered

You can always have becon in addiction to you're scrambled eggs, I don't like bacon in mine though. :p

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I was reading in one forum that basil is good to be mixed in omelets. We have basil here but we have no idea on its use. All we know that basil is a herb but specifically for what, that we do not know. Anyway, as per that forum, I harvested some stem and chopped the leaves of basil. I made an omelet of tomato, bits of spam and cheese cubes. When I beat the egg, I included the chopped basil leaves with the egg that I poured on the pan (when the other ingredients were already cooked). Tasting it was like, okay, the flavor is quite dominant. Again, okay but the people in the house said they've had enough, hahahaaa.

6. Helene Lawson

Registered

@Corie Henson
    They were probably nutritious omlets that they have consumed. Haha :D I see that you like experimenting in the kitchen./

Corie Henson likes this.
  7. Helene Lawson

Registered

Does anybody else know any good recipes for breakfast meals?

8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I buy frozen loose hash browns and frozen sausage crumbles. Throw the hash browns and sausage crumbles in a skillet first. When they are cooked up, add the eggs and scramble the whole mess until eggs are cooked up. I add shredded cheese, chopped onion or peppers and spicy hot canned diced tomatoes if I got 'em.

9. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not really good in cooking so I delegate that chore to my husband. But sometimes I get fanciful and experiment, hahahaaa. There is this hot dog with onions that I had invented. Slice the hot dogs, volume depends on you. Slice some onions while frying the hot dogs. When the hot dogs are a bit cooked, mix the onions into the pan and cook for 30 seconds before sprinkling with hot sauce and then ketchup and cook for 30 second. Remove from the pan at once so the ketchup would not be overcooked. It's good for breakfast with matching bread.

Helene Lawson and Ike Willis like this.
  10. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Not exactly a recipe but a good breakfast

Two eggs, fried over medium, Two large patties of J.C. Potters sausage (or bacon), biscuits, lots of gravy and maybe some grits.;)

11. Helene Lawson

Registered

Sounds very tasty, and easy to make. I might try it someday while I'll be in a rush and in lack of time.

12. Helene Lawson

Registered

Nice, nice @Sheldon Scott That's always good to have for breakfast. :p

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

During the week, when my wife works, it's generally cereal for us. I may have a hard boiled egg, if I've made any. Once in a while, I will get ambitious and dice up a potato for hash browns, make either some bacon or small breakfast sausage and a couple of fried eggs w/toast for myself.
    On Saturdays, we will generally go out for breakfast. I love the ham/cheese omelet breakfast at Waffle House. Wife will get a single waffle. Also like biscuits and gravy sometimes when we go out. We like Mickey D's pancakes and breakfast sausage burrito's from there.
    On Sundays, sometimes my wife will make blueberry pancakes.
    If we are on a vacation, breakfast will either be at Denny's or Golden Corral Buffet.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

We like scrambled eggs at my house with different kinds of ingredients. I like to add small diced potatoes, onion, ect to mine. Then we put them in a warmed flour tortilla with shredded cheese, diced tomatoes and some salsa and sour cream and turn them into a breakfast burrito. We also like fritattas which are just a different version of scrambled eggs.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In order to qualify as a breakfast, it has to include potatoes, eggs, and meat (bacon, sausage, ham), and should probably have onions, jalapeño peppers, and bell peppers as well, with salt and ground pepper to taste. Cheese is optional.

Diane Lane likes this.