Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Diane Lane, May 15, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

He he @Chris Ladewig, I'd just as soon pump one or two in to the owners ;). That's a good idea, though. I think when I get some money, I might get an air horn. Perhaps the neighbors would get annoyed enough about that, to actually set some limits for their dogs. I haven't had the problem for the past few days. I really hope that means the issue is resolved, but I've lived here long enough to know better. They're probably off work for the long weekend, so have adjusted their schedules to let the dogs out later. My fingers are crossed, though, and I'm hoping for the best. At least the car's been parked in their own ditch, so maybe both issues are resolved.

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I need to order checks. I very rarely write a check other than for rent, but because my landlady keeps losing the checks I send, I've run out sooner than anticipated. Here's an article I found reviewing the best online check ordering sites, in case I'm not the last person in the world using paper checks.

3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane that is one thing that is really cool and that I appreciate about my bank, they give free checks. Anyone over 50 is eligible for a Senior account, and with that comes free checks, and no surcharge on the account.:) This bank branch that is here in my little town is very cool about cashing checks and giving you all the money to no matter how much or how little may be in your account. The same bank in a larger area, is not as accommodating. Even though the benefits of living in a rural area are few in my book, for someone in my situation at least,that is one of them.:)

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

wondering why Murphy, as of Murphy's law fame loves me so much? I guess he likes cute 50+ year old women!

Patsy Faye likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When our paper mill was still in operation here, pretty much everyone who lived in Millinocket was born and raised here. There were no dogs wandering loose and since the mill hadn't hired anyone new since the early 1970s, pretty much everyone's kids had grown up and moved out looking for work.

Now that the mill is closed and there are empty houses available, some of which have sold for as low as $600, most of the new people moving in are career unemployed, with a bunch of kids and dogs that run loose. The most irritating are the kids who have no problem walking past the house at all hours of the night, even at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning, laughing, cussing, and yelling. Since it doesn't pay to have air conditioning with only a month or two of warm weather per year, most people have windows open and night and it's annoying.

7. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

When I was growing up, all the nuns wore black. I always wondered, but didn't dare ask anyone, did they wear black underwear too?:confused:

Joe Riley, Patsy Faye and K E Gordon like this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, lacy ones. :)

Patsy Faye and Ike Willis like this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Here is what I thought about nuns when being taught by them....remember I was a young girl so I thought everybody was old looking but I also thought that nuns became nuns instead of getting married because they
    Weren't attractive. Older and without make up, most of them were plain looking. :)

Ike Willis and Patsy Faye like this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Ike !
    It was a habit they couldn't break :p

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

I wondered too, if it was lack of confidence in themselves, fear of the outside world maybe ..................

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

th.jpe

Patsy Faye likes this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I just ate a half a kit kat bar and I feel disgusted with myself. Went to the store and at the last minute threw it in my cart. I'm usually very good about not even looking at the things at checkout.

Diane Lane and Patsy Faye like this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Registered

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Except that I ate the other half later. :) :(

Diane Lane and Patsy Faye like this.