Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Diane Lane, May 15, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

It's amazing how many people believe in God without actually seeing Him, yet persist in debating or denying the existence of hidden/invisible disabilities. As if we'd choose to be sick and broke. I'd love to be able to work and live a full life. Even when I was 'well' that was difficult, because the limitations were always there, the knowledge and diagnoses just didn't exist back then. It's difficult to expect outsiders to understand though when my family doesn't and never has. Oh well, I just try not to put myself in situations where I have to explain things repeatedly. I don't have the energy or stamina for it these days. It's nice to know I'm not alone :p.

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know Ike, but one time, the time I had a tornado here, we also had hailstones. The hailstones were all over my yard, and they looked like snow. I swear to God it looked like it snowed over night. That was really something else. I think some hailstones are dime sized all the way up to grapefruit sized.

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@K E Gordon - cor blimey - I'd hate to be out and have one of them hit me, I would be out - COLD ! :eek:

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

5. K E Gordon

Registered

Well, when the fire department came since a tree had hit my house and insulation was all over the place it looked like it snowed inside as well, they asked me if I wanted to go someplace for the night...but I had my pets here, so I said I would take my chances. Once the storm had passed, I figured the worst was over, and the hail did happen later but...I was asleep or resting. I didn't hear it. 2nd experience with a real tornado and a very scary one too.

Diane Lane, Ike Willis and Joe Riley like this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning ladies,@Diane Lane , @Patsy Faye , @K E Gordon , I hope your having a good weekend. Although if your like me, there isn't much difference from day to day. But that's ok, I prefer peaceful days to busy dramatic ones. I feel like I've had enough of that for a couple of lifetimes.

Diane I think it is hard for people that have normal health to even imaging what chronic pain is about, and if they don't see a physical problem they assume there is nothing wrong. I was declared disabled several years ago. I even have a permanent disability license tags, yet people will ask me how they can get a monthly check or a disabilty tags for they're vehicles. Like it's a scam! I just do my best not to ask them if they have a mental disabilty. :p:rolleyes:

As far as all this up and down weather goes, it driving me nuts. Two weeks ago I had to have a large tree pulled off of shop's roof in the back where it had crushed a section. Even just patching a roof is expensive. A week later, I had the 100' tall huge oak that covers the top of my house trimmed back. More money out the door. Then last Friday night during another bout of storms, a tree trunk puncture my cabin's roof, so now I have to wait until Memorial Day is over to get the repairs done. $$$ !!!

My weaving is getting better with each lap blanket that is done, and I just sent four to the VA. Now I need to do a couple of baby blankets for my new great-granddaughter. (That make four now.).

8. K E Gordon

Registered

Well actually it was scary, but it worked out well in the end because with my insurance settlement, I was able to get some new furniture, and new flooring. That worked out better than I could have hoped! Some events are a diamond in the rough!

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  9. Diane Lane

Registered

Wow, congratulations, @Ina I. Wonder, I hope you'll be posting pics of the new bundle of joy! I want to see pictures of the lap and baby blankets, as well. I can live vicariously through you, since I don't have room or money for weaving supplies, but have always wanted to try it. Perhaps one day I'll be able to do that. I'm sorry to hear about the trees. I am petrified every time the wind blows that the ones that constantly scrape the side and roof of this place will puncture something. I dealt with that and the aftermath during Hurricane Ike, and lost a lot of my valuables to damage. At least it sounds as if the rain and flooding didn't affect you, so that's good to hear :). He he, maybe you should do that, tell them that it does seem they could qualify, based upon their apparent limited intellect, inappropriate social skills, and lack of compassion and empathy :p.

Here's my random thought of the day, or actually of last night. My neighbor came in/out with his bass cranking again. My first random thought when that happens is that Meghan Trainor's song always goes through my head, "All About That Bass", and then last night, it occurred to me that I actually somewhat enjoy being able to track his movement via the pounding bass in his vehicle. It's similar to how I enjoy seeing the huge blinding light sweeping across the front of the house, because I know it's the police, on their routine patrol of the neighborhood. I like knowing who's out and about, because it lets me know they're not random strangers up to no good.

10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Let us hope it does not become a requirement that all known criminals must go about their affairs while doing the "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM"!

11. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I am hungry? Go to Whataburger? Fridge? It's almost 1 p.m. Where has the day gone? Oh, must look at my garden.

Diane Lane and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I need to put my new sticker on my license plate, I've had it for more than a month. I have til the end if this month
    but I'm so brain dead now I may toss it in the garbage. I'm looking at it right now sitting on my desk but...I'll do it tomorrow...hopefully.

Diane Lane and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  13. Diane Lane

Registered

@Chrissy Page Did you put the sticker on your vehicle yet? Your post reminded me that I have to get my car inspected.

Random thought - Do you ever look back at pictures you've taken and think how amazing it is that electronic gadgets have improved so much, so quickly? I just looked at some I took a few years back with an older device, and they look more like impressionist paintings than actual photographs. Not that that's a bad thing, because I love impressionist art, but I want my photos to be sharp.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

No, not yet! Maybe today since I'm somewhat better.

As for better pics that's usually one of the selling points on the newer devices...better camera. I see it also.

Diane Lane likes this.
  15. Diane Lane

Registered

Yes, you're definitely correct about that. A better camera is more important to me than many other functions on newer devices. If I'm choosing among different devices and one has the better camera, that can tip me in that direction, much more so than other features.

Chrissy Cross likes this.