Quercetin, A Far Better Flu Remedy Than Tamiflu

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Joy Martin, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I have not had a flu in decades, had a Asian Flu in 1957 and believe that's been it. I've had maybe mild Flu over the years but I've always Had Oscillo Homeopathic on hand to stop it pronto.

Here is what Mercola is saying about Quercetin, it was mentioned back when covid hit by Trump. Of course, he was Shut Up.

https://media.mercola.com/ImageServer/Public/2023/March/PDF/quercetin-for-flu-pdf.pdf

STORY AT-A-GLANCE Editor’s Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published February 26, 2018. Your immune system is your first-line defense against all types of infections, be they bacterial or viral, so the most effective way to prevent infectious illness — including influenza — is a robust immune system. Your diet and other lifestyle factors are foundational for good immune function, but certain supplements can also be quite helpful. Quercetin — A Far Better Flu Remedy Than Tamiflu Analysis by Dr. Joseph Mercola  Fact Checked March 16, 2023 Your immune system is your first-line defense against all types of infections, be they bacterial or viral, so the most effective way to prevent infectious illness — including influenza — is a robust immune system  Quercetin, a plant flavonol found naturally in apples, plums, red grapes, green tea, elder flower and onions, packs a powerful antiviral punch, inhibiting several strains of influenza, hepatitis B and C and other viruses   Quercetin also combats inflammation and acts as a natural antihistamine Quercetin reduces viral illness and boosts mental performance following extreme physical stress, which might otherwise undermine your immune function and render you more susceptible to infections 

Its antiviral effects can be attributed to three main mechanisms of action: Inhibiting the virus’ ability to infect cells, inhibiting replication of already infected cells and reducing infected cells’ resistance to treatment with antiviral medication  One such supplement is quercetin, an antioxidant flavonol

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It generally (as far as I know) is not the quercetin itself that helps fight viral illnesses, but the fact that it forms ionophores with several things, notably zinc, which inhibits or blocks viral replication within the cell. This was brought to the forefront during Covid when hydroxychloroquine was stopped. Quercetin performs the same function.