President Trump's Speech To The United Nations

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Babs Hunt, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Like some of you I have just finished watching President Trump give his speech to the UN and my opinion is that for the most part it was a very good speech and for the most part he was firm but humble in all he said.

I also agreed with most of what he said and of course being a Christian I loved that he included God and His blessings in his speech.

The beginning of the speech where he bragged about how much has improved since he took Office was the old Donald Trump for sure...but for the rest of the speech I felt he acted and spoke like a President we can be proud to call our own.

Of course when the speech ended and the TV went back to the News Reporters the first thing they did was bad mouth Trump's openings words. I'm glad they had no more time to do anything else and The Price is Right came right back on. :)

I won't watch the News tonight as I know all those sharks are going to try to tear him and his speech apart once again, But hearing it for myself I can say I was proud of our President's behavior and what he spoke.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't watch, in fact I really don't even know what's going on in politics anymore....have enough problems just dealing with each day.

I'm sure I'll catch some of it on the news sites. :)

3. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

After I read your post I watched Trump's entire speech, thanks for the heads up.

I will tune in to the talking heads to see what they have to say.

I always enjoy listening to the reactions on what was said when I've heard his comments first hand.

Don Alaska and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

There was some laughter when he was doing his opening bragging but I heard some of it as laughing with him like "We knew he would have to do that." so that part I didn't find bad at all. In fact Trump even said something like that's a better reaction than I expected...with a smile. :)

Don Alaska and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

The media is having a field day with the laughter bit. I do hope Republican candidates win big in the November elections. Get all your Republican relatives, friends and acquaintances to vote if you have to drive them to the polls yourself.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I especially liked when he admonished the UN member nations not to count on the US to finance their defenses anymore, but to pay their own way!

Hal

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In the end, he might agree to some financing but, as a businessman, he negotiates and will want something in return. As it has been in the past, we have been financing countries that have nothing good to say about us.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

@Shirley Martin...

If you have any faults, your Political Affiliation is certainly not one of them!

Hal

Shirley Martin likes this.
  10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I think I posted on here somewhere why I am a Republican. I registered when LBJ was touting his Great Society deal. He promised things that my common sense told me that the government could not and should not do for people. You can't give people out of poverty. You can give them an opportunity to work and earn their way out of poverty.

Democrat President Lyndon Baines Johnson who stated, “I’ll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years” as he confided with two like-minded governors on Air Force One

regarding his underlying intentions for the “Great Society” programs.

These Negroes, they?re getting pretty uppity these days, and that?s a problem for us, since they?ve got something now they never had before: the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we?ve got to do something about this ? we?ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.

We are trying to build a great society that will make your children and your grandchildren and the people three or four generations from today proud of what we are doing.

I don?t want loyalty. I want loyalty. I want him to kiss my ass in Macy?s window at high noon and tell me it smells like roses. I want his pecker in my pocket.

11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Shirley Martin, I assume that was all supposed to be a quote. Many of the Dems are still closet racists who use Blacks and Hispanics as tools they have to "keep on the plantation" of the Democratic Party. That is why they attack people like Herman Caine, Clarence Thomas, and even Condi Rice. They don't want Blacks to realize they can stand on their feet and not depend on government largess. Johnson almost single-handedly destroyed the Black family in America; that is the thing I haold against him the most...other than all my friends that died in Vietnam.

Shirley Martin likes this.