President Trump Signs Three Executive Orders Today

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Babs Hunt, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Donald Trump signs three executive orders
    [​IMG]

23 JANUARY, 2017

President Trump signed three executive orders on trade Monday morning — one withdraws the U.S. from the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP), another reinstates the Mexico City Policy dealing with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and abortion access, and a third freezes federal workforce hiring. Asked about the ethics lawsuit filed against him, Mr. Trump said only, “Without merit. Totally without merit.”

TPP was an enormous trade deal that would have aligned the U.S. and 11 nations in the Asia-Pacific region including Japan, Australia, Vietnam, Canada and Mexico under an agreement that would have eliminated thousands of tariffs and streamlined regulations. The countries involved in the deal collectively conduct 40 percent of global trade. “Everyone knows what that means, right? We’ve been talking about this for a long time,” Mr. Trump said as he signed the order withdrawing the U.S. from the TPP. “Great thing for the American worker, what we just did.” READ MORE

This is a man who is not "messing" around or procrastinating about what he said he would do.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I really find it aggravating that CBS titles this article Donald Trump...instead of President Trump. And in the article they also refer to him as Mr. Trump instead of President Trump too.

The News Media is really something else...and that something else is full of crap!

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The TPP was a very scary deal that put mutinationals over governments if it has pasted you government would become a slave to the multinationals

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I definitely wanted to see that one taken care of by our new President. Even when I first heard of it I remember thinking that this was just giving more of the control of America over to others. Obama seemed to really like giving our freedoms, etc. away!:( I am so glad he is not our President anymore!

Sheldon Scott and Ken Anderson like this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

He is working for the people after saying they are going to get rid of Obama care he just signed an order to stop them from hurting people in the mean time

What do all of President Trump's executive orders mean?

Babs Hunt likes this.