Pray For Lots Of Rain..

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Denise Evans, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

we should catch some at least, and I do hope so much it will help with this horrible drought in CA. I don't want to live here because of it. I am trying to apply for housing North of here, even as far as going back into Oregon. I don't know that it will be any better there the way our weather-patterns are changing:( Anyway, here is the latest I could find on the Pineapple Express rain, as well as the storms that are to dump rain here in the next 5 days:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-drought-busting-rain-to-northern-california/

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for that link, Abby, "Oh, yes, oh let the rain come down"!;)

Ina I. Wonder and Denise Evans like this.
  3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

We've been needing rain here too. We had some coming our way but those greedy Texicans kept most of it. We did get maybe 1/10 of an inch.

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sadly I see no rain for fresno in the next 10 days...we really need it!!

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

I think the Texicans are gonna get more then they are asking for according to the news on that Pinapple Express "deal"!! Hello Sheldon!! It's way good to see you;)

6. Denise Evans

Registered

You may get some though, hang in there;) That hurricane hit the Mexican coast pretty hard I was reading??

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, also Texas got lots of rain...was wondering if Ina was affected at all.

8. Denise Evans

Registered

I haven't seen her, I hope she will drop in. I need to get over to the coffee shop for a refill;) lol!!

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Lol, Ive already been there...the Hawaiian french toast was delicious!!

Once a week is fine but Joe better put some HEALTHY options on the menu. :)

Ina I. Wonder and Denise Evans like this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

I hope he has blueberry waffles?? I'll go see, and did you eat up all the french-toast?? I might change my mind and have that, LOL!!

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I only had one piece, Denise! Feel like a piggy anyway...oink oink!

By the way, been reading your weight loss progress and you are doing great! Also...looking great!

Hate to say this but being homeless seems to have been good for you! Im only kidding in a way but you did walk a lot!!

Dont wish anybody to be homeless, and I hope you finally find the perfect place for you!

BTW...you weigh less than I do now! Lol.....jealous!!!

12. Denise Evans

Registered

I actually started losing when I moved into a rental (sharing rent with other gals) because I was staying at a mission for 5 weeks here in Eureka. I got along ok, and had my truck so I wasn't literally out walking the streets, LOL! But before I got to Eureka, I camped out for 3 weeks which really gave me a jumpstart on losing. I've never gone hungry, and when I camped, I had to haul water up and down a hill from the river (to heat for dishes). I swam in the river (bathed with Dr. Bonners biodegradable) and even washed all my clothes in the riv. It was a gorgeous place. And out of Port Orford Oregon, where I met lots of folks camping. Safe, and equipped well except no drinking water. Got that in town. Here are some pics of my swimming hole;)

great swimming hole.JPG pure reflection.JPG

Diane Lane likes this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Beautiful place! Guess hauling water up a hill would work!!

You've certainly experienced a lot this past year.....you should write a book! Definitely an interesting story, just the day to day in a mission and the interesting people you saw every day, etc....I would buy that story!

Joe Riley likes this.
  14. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow this is hardly the thread I expected. @Abby Normal I can't help but wonder how it was that you ended up homeless? I don't mean to pry but it seems like you might have had a time of it. As a person that lives in the North I can tell you that it is not always all that it is cracked up to be. it can be crazy cold, and the way of life slows down. Funny but your swimming and camping experience seems to be about the same as my retirement plan.

I also have to tell you that once long ago I knew someone from Oklahoma that had the same screen name that you have, except her real name was Vicki. Every time I see your profile I think about those days, it was a different time then. Oddly I found myself thinking about her the other day, so imagine my surprise seeing your name here. They say there are no coincidences, makes me wonder on the 'why's" maybe the guy in the sky just has a weird sense of humor :rolleyes:

15. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

It's ironic because the Water Agency of the government is advising people to save on water because we are on the brink of rationing water in a few months or so. Take note of the word brink. Last week, a typhoon ravaged our country inflicting damage to farms and vegetation with strong winds but the most damage was caused by undue flooding where dams overflowed. And after a few days, that warning about an impending water shortage is heard and seen again. I don't know if the government is just scaring us because how can there be water shortage when the dams just overflowed?

Diane Lane likes this.