Positive Or Negative

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Martin Alonzo, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

An interesting comment you hear usually from a person who is upset.
    I hope you get what you deserve.

Negative person might think well I hope not. Might be fearful of the results.

Positive person might think it is about time the world appreciate what I have done

2. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Good one. I suppose the proper response would be, "Why thank you! I hope you do too."

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

Negative people don't necessarily think they deserve the worst, they just expect it because they think that only bad things happen to them.

Positive people knows that when something bad happens which is beyond their control, it's an opportunity to make a new start or to look at what can be done to make things better.

Bobby Cole and Carlota Clemens like this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

People are not entirely one or the other After all we are human. When we hear our own voice say something, we believe it to be the truth. That is why we should use care, when talking about our selves out loud. I would rather have mercy than what I deserve any day, because even positive people do not see themselves as wrong.

5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I've always been a negative personality. My glass always half empty; it has never been full and not likely to get that way.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I always try to look for something positive out of whatever happens. Sometimes, it is hard to find that until something is over and done with, and you are past the bad part of it.

One of my most favorite quotes is this one by Khalil Gibran ;

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

7. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I like that Yvonne. It reminds me of a quote by my pastor, "It's not what happens to us in life that defiles us, but our responses to it." So true.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

Just like me. I'm never able to think positively, I always see the world in dark colors. :/

9. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

That appears to be very true. It often happens that some people let others to manipulate with their thoughts and emotions, in consequence of that they constantly feel worthless and sad and they can't really deal with what life brings them with a wide smile because they keep worrying.

10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Comment withdrawn.

11. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree with you, people have usually positive and negative attitude to life events but not always balanced.

Some people go to the negative side after a series of negative events, even if they were positive in nature before them, while positive people may suffer harder when a negative event strikes in, and this is the breaking point where they may take this issue to enrich their experience and follow a new pathway, or fall into deep depression that eventually turns into negativism.

Diane Lane likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My wife is more positive than I am. I'm more of a reality type person and look at things both negative and positive. There are just many things that happen in the world that definitely can't be taken as positive. Then again, during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, when people do things for others, the positive side of me, along with getting "teary-eyed" can come out.

13. Miriam Turner

Miriam Turner Veteran Member
    Registered

When trying to cheer myself up it can be very hard. At times I can be a very negative individual but when it comes to my care for others I try to be as positive as possible. One thing that people always tell me is that I can be a very positive person even when I'm going through a rough patch. I guess that's just something I've worked hard on because I used to not handle things well at all. Stress would be very horrible with me and wouldn't mix well at all!

Joe Riley likes this.
  14. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I came here thinking the discussion would be about blood and the Rhesus factor, for some unknown reason. I guess maybe that's where my mind goes when I hear positive/negative. I'm Rh negative, by the way. How about y'all? Rhesus (Rh) factor is an inherited protein found on the surface of red blood cells. If your blood has the protein, you're Rh positive. If your blood lacks the protein, you're Rh negative. Rh positive is the most common blood type.

I vary between positivity and negativity. Although I would like to stay positive, it's been difficult to do so, although at some point, hopefully things will improve, and I can shed the negativity.

Brittany Houser likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I try to be positive, but that never works out.

Brittany Houser and Diane Lane like this.