Pictures of My Home in Pattaya

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Richard Paradon, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

I was wondering where to post this but thanks to @Mal Campbell, talking about expats I may as well place it here.

Some of you have expressed a desire to see more pictures of Thailand. So today, I will get a little closer to home…my home. In Pattaya, I live in a typical single apartment. Actually, it is a big room but comfortable for me. I keep telling myself (for the past seven years) that when payday rolls around I am going to buy some folding room dividers, but I never have…perhaps this month! :rolleyes: The room is about 9 ½’ x 22’.

Most rooms do not have actual sinks as water in a bowl works fine. There is a shower of course, in the bathroom. I do have a sink on my balcony but as you can see, it is very rustic. It looks dirty out there but that is because of the cheap paint.

Towards the back door:

[​IMG]

Towards the front door:

[​IMG]

Where I work, cook and eat:

[​IMG]

Part of my Buddhist altar:

[​IMG]

The sink on the balcony:

[​IMG]

This is overlooking the front porch:

[​IMG]

The courtyard used to be beautiful until a major monsoon wiped it out about four years ago. We lost a mango tree about twice the size of the one you see here, and about two banana trees as well as hundreds of flowering plants:

[​IMG]

Looking down my soi (alley);

[​IMG]

The spirit house that protects us from evil spirits:

[​IMG]

And that is my home! The best part I can take a picture of…the rent is only about US$180 a month including utilities!

2. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

Very, very nice, Richard. Looks perfect for a single person. Tiny houses are very popular now. Keep them coming.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  3. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for posting. I'm always curious about what it's like living in another country. For a single guy, that looks like a pretty nice place. But, by US standards, quite small. We downsized from a 3,000 sq ft house to one with only about 1,400 sq ft and feel cramped. Of course, we did live on a sailboat one time for about 6 months. I guess it's all in what you get used to.

I like the pictures of the outdoors. With the nice weather you have, you probably spend much more time outside than in. Keep posting and letting us know what it's like.

You mention that you're an ex-pat - from what country? You may have mentioned this before, but I have the attention span of 2 year old.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  4. Richard Paradon

Registered

WUOTE="Mal Campbell, post: 5723, member: 18"]Thanks for posting. I'm always curious about what it's like living in another country. For a single guy, that looks like a pretty nice place. But, by US standards, quite small. We downsized from a 3,000 sq ft house to one with only about 1,400 sq ft and feel cramped. Of course, we did live on a sailboat one time for about 6 months. I guess it's all in what you get used to.

I like the pictures of the outdoors. With the nice weather you have, you probably spend much more time outside than in. Keep posting and letting us know what it's like.

You mention that you're an ex-pat - from what country? You may have mentioned this before, but I have the attention span of 2 year old.[/QUOTE]
    I

5. Richard Paradon

Registered

Thanks. Internet and my computer are both down so I am trying to do this on my phone. I am American and left Las Vegas in 2008. This is taking forever so I think I will be gone for a few days.

6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Your house looks great and the rent is affordable. What is your work in Pattaya, are you on a job assignment or do you have your own business there? I'm sure the adventurous people would love to take residence in a foreign country but for me, just a short vacation will do because I wouldn't want to miss my dogs.

We had been to Bangkok in 2013 and we have plans of visiting Pattaya. However, our tour guide (we remain connected in Facebook) said that Pattaya is more of beaches and it is a good place if you love the sand and the sea.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:What a nice home! It's so spacious too. Too bad about the monsoon. We have hurricanes and tropical storms passing by Hawaii. Many pray a lot to keep the storms out at sea and keep them far away from land safely. The rent is so reasonable too. Locally rent for a 2 bedroom is way over a thousand dollars and most are two thousand dollars and up on Oahu. A one bedroom with one bathroom goes near to a thousand dollars too or just a bit over. Love your curtains.