Phillipine President

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Corie Henson, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

President Duterte is less than 50 days in the office and he had already created so many enemies. First is the drug issue where he had named mayors, cops, judges and other people of influence as involved in the drug trade. Connected to that, he has a standing argument with the chief justice of the supreme court. And then there was his slur against the US ambassador on his being gay (related to Amb. Kerry's remark during the elections here). And he also has a spat with the communist rebels. What more? He just allowed the burial of former president Marcos in the heroes' cemetery which so many quarters are disputing.

It looks like our president is a unique president with his way of dealing with people. I just don't know if he could last his full 6-year term with that kind of quarrelsome attitude.

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yes, I would say he might be a bit quarrelsome. I guess this weekend he openly called Obama uh....to clean it up, ..........the progeny of a female canine, just before he was to get paid a visit from the present resident of the White House. No matter how inaccurate or accurate his description of the U.S. president might be, Obama decided to cancel his visit because of it.

Of course, the Philippine president did appologize yesterday for his colorful words, to what end? dunno.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

He's tough and says what he wants that's for sure. Hopefully is tough war on drugs won't get him assassinated.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I read about this yesterday, good for him. I'm just thanking God there are people with good sense. I worry about all good folks. I think anyone that is against obama, hillary and the likes, are in danger of being "disposed of".

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

I think more people are standing up for what they believe. I haven't listened to President Duterte, but I will. I am just wondering if Donald Trump is encouraging others to "cut" the bs and say it like it is. God knows the immoral of the world have stood up and spoken their piece. Thing is, you can say anything you want as long as you don't talk "against" any sort of immorality. Anyway, this is about this new President so I best go see what he is like, imo before I say too much about the subject.

Diane Lane and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

How do the people view him? Is he liked or disliked?

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

President Duterte
    [​IMG]
    "Duterte has been under intense global scrutiny over the more than 2,000 suspected drug dealers and users killed since he took office. Obama had said he planned to raise the issue in his first meeting with Duterte, but the Philippine leader insisted he was only listening to his own country’s people.

“You must be respectful,” Duterte said of Obama. “Do not just throw questions.” Using the Tagalog phrase for “son of a b----,” he said, “Putang ina I will swear at you in that forum.” He made the comment to reporters in Manilla".

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

Sounds radical, I know humans can go too far. I'm interested in Chrissy's question. I do imagine some are for him and some against. Some in the US think Trump is too radical. I think he has some good ideas, and I won't even flatter Hillary with a comment on her bs. She's not worth talking about. If the majority of citizens want her for president, let'em have her. The rest of us, that are able, may have to figure out something else. I have to go back to believing Good will overcome evil, may be in the end, but I think there would be a lot of suffering, well, there will always be suffering in this world:(

I do know we can't change the world's path. Even an honest president getting in there would be chewed alive. It seems to me even by voting we no longer have any power. Maybe that's negative thinking but this is a hell of a mess. And it's spreading:(

Diane Lane likes this.
  10. Corie Henson

Registered

First off, our president is a minority president since he got less than 50% of the votes. That's the problem with a multi-party system and we have no runoff election to lessen the field of candidates. But Duterte's supporters are rabid and die-hard that they would occupy the social media to fight for their president. In any issue that crops up, Duterte's defenders are always on their toes trying their best to justify Duterte's act in cursing UN head Ban Ki Moon.

But this latest caper of our president fell flat on this face. I have seen the news report video of his tirade against US president Obama. He seemed pissed off with the hint that Obama will ask him about the extra judicial killing. And with that outburst, the sad result was that Obama had cancelled the planned meeting with our quarrelsome president. Now, with humility for the first time, Duterte expressed his regrets over the effect of his rudeness.

And for the first time, I haven't seen any post of Duterte's defenders in the social media regarding the issue. So it seems that many are now being turned off by the arrogant and rude behavior of our president. If he is a president of a company, he would have been terminated a long time ago for conduct unbecoming.

Sheldon Scott and Chrissy Cross like this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks for your reply, Corie. He better watch it then, he won't be around too long in my opinion.

Even though getting rid of drug lords and drugs is a good thing you can't do it by killing people.

It will be interesting to follow how this all plays out.

Corie Henson likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Part of the issue is undoubtedly the fact that the United States gives millions and millions of dollars to the Philippines for their support. When Obama snubbed President Dutarte, and cancelled their meeting together, it might have also had an effect on the handout we send them, or at least the people there would believe it could affect them.
    Since Obama will soon be out of office in another few months (hopefully), it is not likely that he can withdraw financial support befor he leave office.
    The Chinese people also snubbed Obama, and didn't even put out the stairsteps for him to walk down like they did for everyone else. It is not just the people here in America who are getting so tired of Obama and his poor leadership qualities.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Diane Lane and Corie Henson like this.
  13. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I like the guy he stick to his guns and helps his people against the elite and when the US went there with John Kerry and a hand full of money he said to the people the US just gave us a hand full of money to listen to them. He said I don’t think they brought enough. Most leader of foreign countries would pocket the money and no one would know.

Yvonne Smith and Corie Henson like this.
  14. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

Obama made his bed. let him lay in it. looks like all those bow wows were wasted

15. Corie Henson

Registered

You have a point there. This is not in defense of our president but I have to admit that he is no ordinary person. Mr. Duterte is a lawyer so he is not just anybody and besides, he has been mayor for 24 years of a big city in the south. And now people are experiencing a man of action with those killings that are directly connected to illegal drugs. It's really ironic to see the video clips in the news report about families of those slain complaining to the media and they have a common spiel that the slain family or relative is not a drug pusher... just a user. Can you see their logic? It seems like it's all right to be a drug addict where in fact, those drug addicts are the killers of innocent people because they murder people with no rhyme or reason.

But back to the issue with Obama, Duterte's only mistake is his machine gun mouth which spews cuss words, expletives, etc.