Pesto - My Daughter, Julie's Youtube

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Lara Moss, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

My Denver daughter, Julie, is a Health Coach and Plant-based Chef. She has just produced the 1st of a series of cooking videos and filmed it all by herself! I asked her how she could possibly star in it and film it without anyone else around. She said she bought some high intensity lights and just set up her iPhone to film it. She added music, zoomed in, and added type. She put it on YouTube and on her website as well as Instagram. I'm so proud of her...I guess you can tell :) She has been a regular on a Denver News station for 3 minute segments but this is her first cooking show of her own.

I use pine nuts instead of walnuts but she's nutritionally conscious and adds what serves our health best. I used walnuts once and didn't like the texture as well but I didn't toast them first…that makes all the difference I imagine.

Sheldon Scott and Joe Riley like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

What a great video, Lara! Your very talented Daughter "Healthy Julie", has a great screen presence, and her Basil Pesto looks mouth watering. She has a future in TV for sure! Thanks for sharing it, you must be a very proud Mom!;)

3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Your daughter's video is great. Thanks for sharing, I may make her pesto later, I like fresh food.

Lara Moss likes this.
  4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you both for taking the time to look at it and for your nice comments. I'll be sure to tell her.

5. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Just now saw this. She made her own video, and did a great job of it too. The next Rachael Ray, maybe?

Lara Moss likes this.
  6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw this yesterday but didn't post. She did a great job. I guess I didn't post because, although we grow several kinds of basil, we've never made pesto or even know what to use it for.

Lara Moss and Ike Willis like this.
  7. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't even know what pesto was. To make her own video like that shows great imagination and inventiveness.

Lara Moss likes this.
  8. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you Pat, Sheldon, Joe, and Ike. I think she would like that, Ike….being a Food Network Channel star. They do most of their work in Denver so you never know. But she has many irons in the fire right now so she's got exciting options on her horizon.

Pesto is great used on all sorts of things. It adds a tasty punch to pasta…pasta needs that. Also on pizza, chicken, sandwiches, appetizers, etc…on anything that needs a boost of color, garlic, and nutrition.

I'm sorry I didn't reply right away. I typed a reply but forgot to hit "post reply" so it just sat here.