Pepsi Switching From Aspartame in Diet Pepsi

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Sheldon Scott, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I love the taste and bite of a carbonated drink; but when it seemed like that it was bad for you to drink pop with sugar in it, and even worse to drink the artificailly sweetened ones; I switched to drinking plain carbonated water.
    We have a Sodastream, and I can make my own drink using filtered water. If I want to flavor it, I will add a little pineapple juice or other natural flavoring.
    We actually do not drink soda very often anyway; so it is more of a treat than a regular beverage. My favorite is the cherry limeade from Sonic with the cherries and fresh limes in it; but we do not do that very often.
    I agree that from what I have read, Splenda is at least as bad as aspartame, or even worse. Plaiin old saccharin seems to be the least damaging of all of the sweeteners. Stevia is probably the best; but it leaves a funny taste that i do not like.

3. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

So, they are more or less going back to their original formula. When Diet Pepsi first went on the market they used sacharine which is a form of suralose that is used in Splenda. Then they switched over to apartame, and now they want to go to Splenda, which is sort of like going back to sacharine. When I read the title of this thread I tought that Pepsi was going to be using stivia as well, since this has become to the newest alternative sweetener to sugar on the market.

4. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

It's funny you mention this. My husband and I have noticed in the past 6-8 years that a lot of prepared foods are changing their formulas to incorporate cheaper ingredients. My husband has Crohn's and there are a few "additives" that just tear his stomach up. When things get bad, for no apparent reason, he'll start looking at what he's eating and reads the label. These will be things that he's always eaten, but now they have different ingredients.

Or, the foods just taste different. Something that we've enjoyed for years, all of a sudden tastes off or bad. He's actually written to a couple of the companies, and they admit that they've changed the formula.

5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Changing one unnatural chemical for another it is not that they want to have a healthy drink it is just for profit.
    A person should not drink carbonated drinks with meals because it lowers the stomach acid and prevents proper digestion.
    If you are stuck on carbonated drinks take them an hour before or after meals.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's funny how we've gone full cycle. Now some soft drink manufacturers are proudly proclaiming that their drink is made with real sugar.

Martin Alonzo likes this.