Parlor Games For Occasion

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Corie Henson, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I was in my sister's house yesterday for my regular visit to my sick mother. We talked about Christmas and to make it livelier, someone suggested some parlor games. Well, as usual, I was assigned with the prizes and my husband who is known for his creative mind was assigned to think of games. Right now, nothing is moving yet since Christmas is still far away. By the way, the games are not only for the kids but also for adults.

I have this game on my mind since a long time ago. It is a saucer of M&Ms that the players would transfer to another saucer by using chopsticks. It is a team game and I can imagine the riot that game would create particularly with the seniors. Any comments?

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Corie Henson most seniors tend to loose their dexterity as we get older, so your game with the M&M's will probably be very funny with your group. Charades use to be fun when my family was young. If you make your prizes food goodies, it might save you some money, and you can munch while you play.

Corie Henson and Marilyn Pahl like this.
  3. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

I love double-deck Pinochle. When our 2 older boys were home we taught them the game, they were 12 yrs. It takes 4 people. And family gatherings we had at least 2 tables. Even the grandmas played, did a good job making the other side go set. Winners would get little gifts:)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    Corie Henson and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

The only playing I ever did at Christmas was with the toys my children and later grandsons got. That's how I've spent every Christmas except the ones in Hungary.....playing with toys.

This Christmas I'll be swamped and won't know which way to even turn since I'm going to Illinois where the three little grandsons are....I better get in shape. :)

Marilyn Pahl and Ina I. Wonder like this.