Our New Addition To Our Family,

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Rachel Rodarte, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Rachel Rodarte

Rachel Rodarte Veteran Member
    Registered

Hello everyone,

We have been living since May, and I notice that there were a lot of stray cats, poor things are always in the trash bins looking for food. The first thing that my husband tells me, don't feed them, and I'm like okay:rolleyes:, I started giving them the left over that we did eat, why throw them away, they will probably find them, so I started making Mexican rice, and they seem to like that. So to many enough for all of them I would use the blender and puree it so that it can be more. Now I'm buying dry food and mixing one can of wet food and feeding them, there are about 12 of them. Now back to the addition to our family.

As I was going to pickup the containers where I place the food, I saw this black cat walking with this tiny kitten, I hear him cry, so I picked him and gave him a home. You're probably wondering why not another cat, the other cats do not allow me to touch them, they are older, and always running away when I get to close. With this kitten I notice that the black cat walked him over, like saying please take him. Now the funny part (and not haha funny), there were no other smaller kittens. Usually when the mama cats had kitten there is always 3 to 5 kitten, to this day I have not seen any.

This is him, we're decide to make his birthday Aug 26, same day as my daughter this way we won't forget. I believe he is about a month. And we decided to name him Fluffy. Now my Jr. is almost getting use to him, Jr. has smacked him a couple of times, but Fluffy still doesn't learn. He is a kitten and likes to play around.

[​IMG]

This is my Jr. he always looks like this, he is a grumpy cat, :mad: doesn't like to be bother, but Fluffy doesn't know that. Hopefully ass time goes by both well get along.

[​IMG]

Krissttina Isobe and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

My last steady gal pal had a black cat. Whenever I went over to her house, it would jump into my lap and fall asleep. I never liked cats much, but this one seemed to adopt me.
    One evening I stopped by her house and, no cat come to greet me. She had given it away. I kinda missed the little bugger.

Rachel Rodarte likes this.
  3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:You'r a very kind person to do that for the fur babies in your neighborhood. The Mama Cat must have sensed you're kind too for she brought you her little baby to care for maybe hoping Fluffy would have a better life than the feral cats.

4. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Jr. is adorable and that is a cute story. I know exactly what you are saying about Feral cats they don't let you near them when they are older. It took a long time for my family to gain Pepper's trust, because she had been Feral from the moment she was a kitten to an adult. However, the kittens she had were more tame because they weren't as use to the Feral life as she was. I wish I could say that Pepper wanted to stay with us, but no eventually she did depart but left us three of her kittens which are now adult cats. Well, technically she lefts us four but Squiggy also disappeared shortly after here, I like to think they are both alive out there somewhere. Anyway back to Jr. it's possible that he was the only surviving kitten of the mother cats litter. Pepper only had two surviving kittens in her first litter, and we still don't know how many she actually had the first time. The second time she gave birth she did so in our yard and had seven kittens, and again only two ended up surviving.

Rachel Rodarte likes this.
  5. Rachel Rodarte

Registered

OMG, I just read I posted and notice the I added an extra "s" to as, this crack me up. Anyway thank you for your words on Jr. Kitty (mama) had three, my mother didn't want me to keep all three of, so I gave two of them away. The feral cats that I used to feed all showed up at different times. My heartbreaking story is that I had to leave them behind. I had call different shelter, posted on different sites, for someone to help put all of them in no-kill shelter, no one helped, as time got closer to moving I was only allowed to bring two. Which was going to be Kitty and Jr, well Kitty got sick and we had to put her down. We were going to bring Hulk, when my husband tried to put him in the cage Hulk attacked him. The rest of the cats I don't know what happen to them. I'm hoping that someone started feeding them. I had them for 12 years, and even then they would not allowed me to touch them. Hulk was one of them who decide to be an indoor cat, Boo, would only come in at night at sleep with me. Every time I think of them it makes me cry. I also had called this other place where the receptionist told me, "Just leave them they will survive," I was so upset that no one would help me out. I feel so guilty, and so bad for them, I just pray that someone is taking care of them. With Fluffy, I couldn't leave out there, I know he would survive, but why not give him a good home. Hulk and Boo were the same way as your Pepper, it took a long time.

6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am a dog lover but I can relate how a cat would catch your attention. Especially kittens who are playful like puppies, I know that they have their stunts that would melt your heart so you easily give way to what they want. Such critters are lovable that sometimes we forget they are just pets. I'm sure Jr and Fluffy would get along fine because that's how I saw our Tisoy and Barbie. Funny but the small Barbie seems to be the bully over the tame Tisoy. Maybe your Jr will have the same attitude, to always give priority to Fluffy.

7. Rachel Rodarte

Registered

OMG, Fluffy is still a baby and love to play all day long, Jr. spends his days inside the closet, my poor baby, he will finally come out at night when Fluffy is all settle and almost asleep. Fluffy doesn't understand that Jr. is not in the mood to be playing with him. It will take a while before both of them get along, Fluffy just has to out grow his playing stage. I also notice that Fluffy does want to bully Jr, but Jr. will go hide, he prefers to stay by himself. Jr. is 8 years old, and all he wants to do is lay back and relax. :( Fluffy is to hyper :eek: