Odds And Ends

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Faye Fox, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

While the test didn't require any disrobing and my going braless to save time was a waste, the test wasn't too unpleasant until it was done. It took 10 minutes and no rudeness was involved. The after-effects are rather unpleasant.

I returned home fighting mild dizziness and knew it was luck that I got the doctor's attention when he was quickly dropping the table. I suggested he might want to do it a bit slower since I didn't come in to get the Epley Maneuver. They had me drink a bunch of "crystals" and I pointed out that dislodging these self-induced stomach crystals was different from dislodging inner ear crystals. I might not have anything on my stomach other than vile, but cleaning up vile can be a rather ugly situation. He thanked me for mentioning my inner ear disorder which requires a bit more gentleness in dropping the table.

Everything was all dory back at home drinking water and eating until I was on my 4th cup of coffee and then things got hunky and I convulsed over 5 feet. I called for the maid and then realized I don't have one, so down on my knees with cleaning supplies. A change of clothes and all is well.

2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

At Home Depot

Faye to young garden clerk: "Do you have grass sod?"

Young Clerk: "I am not sure let me check on my cell phone app. Can you spell grass sod for me?"

Faye: "Seriously? Just spell ass then add a gr and then cod like the fish then drop the c and replace it with an s."

Clerk: "Huh? I don't follow."

Faye: "G r a s s s o d --- Grass sod."

Clerk: "Nope, but a shipment is expected next week."

Faye: "Can you spell 'well shit'?"

At Safeway two hours later to get Pepto Bismol tablets as doctor prescribed when I saw cherry pie and ice cream on sale.

Young Clerk: "One cherry pie, a gallon of ice cream. and a chaser of three boxes of Pepto Bismol tablets. Nice follow ma'am."

Faye: "Hey that is some funny standup improv comedy right there. Funny as it is, I still encourage you to stay with your day job."

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Finally a good day here with a mild breeze and sun. I finally finished the front yard now out to the back. Once done, I still have to get the sprinklers going and fertilize.

I also got the hybrid tomatoes planted that are bred for pots. One jalapeno planted and one cilantro. Maybe in 80 days I will be making salsa. I am excited about these tomatoes as they don't need caging. They make a medium size tomato and produce heavy.

More later! Back out to work. Now 62 degrees and shedding my jacket. I love the vintage, but like new, spaghetti tank top I got on Poshmark. I wear it braless since I am rebelling against bras except for my morning exercise when I wear my compression crop top bra.

I will reserve any whinnying for later.

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I am sore from head to toe. All the muscles used in edging, blowing, and mowing must not be getting enough attention in my morning workout. Be that as it may, I won't alter my workout just to appease a few whinny muscles.

I am getting smarter in my old age. Even though I decided to recant my vow to never wear shorty shorts and thin narrow spaghetti strap low cut tops again, I did wear a waist length top instead of a crop yesterday, eliminating the exposed area where the shorts top doesn't meet the top bottom and I had a big cancer removed many years ago.

What I did do to protect my arms and shoulders was put on a very light shirt jacket every 15 minutes and leave it on for 30 minutes. It is a Harley Davidson full zip front, long sleeve, stretch tee shirt that were once popular with biker chicks to cover over their spaghetti strap crop tops. It was another one of my treasured Poshmark purchases. Less than $15 and USA made back in the day.

What I forgot was that I should have been wearing my hat. Most of the pre cancer they remove yearly is from my big nose ( no it isn't photoshopped @Shirley Martin ) and from my head top and back of ears. I will get it right today.

Yes, @Beth Gallagher I did over do it yesterday, but what is new. I need to work harder on practicing moderation and modesty.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
    Beth Gallagher and Mary Stetler like this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

When I go bra-less, I have to worry about tripping. But when I had horses, at the trot, I appreciated the applause.:rolleyes:

7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Nice day. I finished all the lawn work for this week and sprinklers going with a few minor adjustments. I had to buy another bag of fertilizer and it has doubled in price.

Grocery shopping tomorrow and then I will take the back off my dryer and see what has gone wrong. It only heats about half what it did. Probably a double element and one has burnt out. No rest for me these days.

8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

The dryer problem turned out to be a plugged vent line which surprised me since I blow it out every 6 months. I must have been not getting it all out. I use my battery leaf blower directly on the flex tube I remove from the dryer. I vacuum inside the dryer, but apparently that is not enough, so I found a 2 foot long 2" diameter bristle brush that flexes like a bottle brush and I was amazed how much I got out. Using a flashlight and a mirror, it looks clean. It works like new, so no biggie or expense other than my time, about an hour.

Grocery shopping parted my bank account of $200 and I didn't buy all that much. I made a spinach, artichoke, and cream cheese dip that came out awesome. I made so much that I am using it as topping on the last of the Costco cheese pizzas that were no flavor even with added cheddar.

I ordered 6 hipster swim bikini bottoms to use as summer underwear. They are made by Popina in Portland and the style is like the vintage pin up girls wore. I decided that it was just to miserable to wear my high waist compression ones this summer. I will wear the heavier high waist ones when I do any lifting of any work that strains the abs or low back. The new, soon arriving hipsters, will give me the support I need for walking and puttering around and have enough room for a pad should such be necessary. Modern hipster bikini bottoms are a bit to shy of fabric for my old age needs.

I am enjoying watching a series, North Woods Law. It seems there is a lot of game violations up in @Ken Anderson neck of the woods. I didn't know Maine had hillbillies, but the way some of those back woods folks live is amazing. I hope Ken is watching out for illegal traps on his mountain property hikes.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

It looks as though the diary section is becoming a contest for who has the most boring old age life. As evidence of my old age big yawn, dull, humdrumness, mundanity, and monotonousness, I submit this post.

I wear a women's size 10B shoe. Check out this earthworm that died escaping the overwatered alfalfa field. It escaped the hundreds of birds that wait for the worms and also the occasional vehicle.

IMG_6334.JPG

10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Bad news first. I winched by low back into lateral shift making my bed. After some whimpering and whining, I was able get it straight using the wall lean and push in hip method. I got my walk in, but stayed on the asphalt. I love the country road walking, but it is uneven and not the best for a healing back. I left the bed half made and I am fighting the urge to go finish it. I remind myself that my OCD must take second place to physical healing.

Laughing watching North Woods Law. A Guinea hen just beat up a pit bull. I mean it really torn him up and put some hurt on the dog. The warden investagating said if he was a pit bull in that neighborhood, he would live indoors, Hahaha! The hen was appended and return to the farm where it came from. Why it decided to go to town and attack dogs is still a mystery.

In a moment of weakness, I put in a low offer on a USA made bikini from the late 90s when the cheeky style bottoms were making their debut. My offer was excepted and I got it day before yesterday. Deciding it was too cheeky for me, I decided to give it to a young lady that sells on Poshmark and since it wouldn't fit her, I would model it. I go out to my old favorite spot and even though it was a warm day, almost froze my legs off wading out in the waterfall fed pool. She got the shot, but on review and realizing how gravity had taken a toll on my butt cheeks, I decided I can't post it here.

My USA made bikini bottoms that I wear as underwear, have a full back so they actually lift up the cheek sag and that gives an acceptable and youthful look with shorts. So no more cheeky bottoms, swim or sports shorts, for me. In fact no more bikini bottoms that aren't covered with shorts, jeans, or pants. Time to give up such foolishness for good.

I just got up from my chair and my back is a bit sore, but shows hope of a quick recovery as long as I don't sit too long at a time.

Mary Stetler and Von Jones like this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I slept good but woke up with a back ache and a bit of lateral shift. I was able to do my exercises and get straighten up. I just finished my walk and now resting my back hoping to get it better so I can mow the lawn in a hour or so.

Beautiful warm day and may get to 90 today. It was 79 yesterday. We had highs in the 50s just a few days ago. The outside air sure feels good this morning. Today will be the first day of AC season for 2023.

Nothing exciting going on here. It is too beautiful of a day to whine about anything.

12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Only 77 and a nice breeze so no AC. The lawn is done and my back is better but my right foot kept cramping while showering. That is not uncommon for me when my back goes out of whack.

Beautiful day and with my early morning workout, then my walk, and all the walking behind my power drive mower, I think I got my quota of exercise in.

Krystal Shay and Beth Gallagher like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

How's the hair, Faye? Has the pixie grown out?

Faye Fox likes this.
  14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

It looks like it does in my current avatar. It lays flat and I just brush it to the side. Not very attractive but I don't care.

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Girl, I have old eyes; I can barely see your avatar but I'm sure your hair looks cute.

Faye Fox likes this.