Odds And Ends

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Faye Fox, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry we hijacked your diary, Faye. How are you feeling today?

2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

So far a moderate day. Not my best but not my worst. I am having some head pains but not serious enough to review my will. I had a bad night with my throat problem, but got in 6 hours so I am happy. No word yet from doctors on next scoping.

3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I hate to be a buzz kill here in the diary section with the mundanity that occurs up in these parts, but I just don't have the necessary sass to start a dust up this morning, so it is safe to read on but it will be a big yawn.

Plans today to get out soon and finish all the lawn edging, flower bed dead heading and trimming, and lawn mowing. This place is way to large for me to maintain to my standards, but hiring affordable lawn services have met with problems in the past. I had hoped to sell, but then the market slowed because of interest rates and once again my rug of dreams for an exciting retirement, was jerked from under my feet.

Only four hours sleep, but I was drowsy for the remaining three hours before I got up and did my morning workout routine. My head is doing amazingly well for that amount of sleep.

I wasted the morning, shopping on Poshmark for vintage USA made clothing. I found a pair of Texas Flag jogging shorts that I love. I haven't made an offer yet since I could not find a USA made tee shirt like I once had, that said, "Don't Mess With Texas." The shorts would look great with any sports top, but I will hold off until I can get that threatening tee, if I can find one USA made. Something about such a tee or any patriotic clothing that is made in China that really grinds my teeth, or it would if I had any.

If you wonder why I don't leave this Commie controlled state and move to Texas, the answer is snakes. Visiting as a child of three to family in Baytown, I was playing with baby copperheads when my mother grabbed me and drug me back. That isn't what traumatized me concerning snakes. It was the three inch diameter snake hanging off the roof and looking in my bedroom window that had me screaming as soon as I good. Probably harmless, but I have a vivid picture in my mind and no amount of therapy could ever remove it.

The other scare I had was at age five, while staying on my Grandpas ranch, on the Rio Grande. An illegal, that had swam the river, was looking in my bedroom window, which was high, but my GP had left a ladder nearby while repairing the stucco over the adobe bricks. While I am still traumatized over that night, it doesn't make me leery of illegals, just peeping Toms.

Well, time to get my work shoes on a get my western USA made hat off the shelf to protect my big nose against any more cancer. It is more of an outback cattleman hat than USA cowboy hat. When I bought it, it was advertised and labeled as a ladies hat. Now I see they are calling it unisex. Can't they let us NBF's (Natural Born Females) have things just for us?

I see they now make one piece swimsuits with wider crotches for guys that imagine they are gals. That was the catalyst that made me pushed the "buy now" tab on another pair of wider crotched vintage USA made swim bottoms clearly labeled women's this morning. I have three vintage one pieces in my likes and the sellers have made great offers to me, but I have never been a one piece type of gal so I haven't hit the magic tab yet, but I will think it over out doing my farming, wearing my USA cowgirl jeans and Australian style but USA made hat. I am thinking investment wise, making 10 times my investments selling to the Dylan Mulvaney types. You know the guys that want a be gals but don't have the courage for radical surgery.

I shall ponder such an investment scheme as I brutalize some grass and weeds.

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I can empathize with a place that is too big for my abilities now. Have to go whack away at the grass. Bought another dR walk behind trimmer as we wore out the old one. It can work as a walker:rolleyes:
    &What happens to the tied down crotches when and sexually stimulating person walks by. Doesn't that negate the whole thing?
    This is such a crock.

Beth Gallagher and Faye Fox like this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

The back yard is finished for this week. It was a test of my patience, starting with my fairly new handled battery clippers, having a contact problem because of a design flaw. I couldn't find my big 4 or 6" strap clamps, so I used electric fence wire to secure it to its mounting bracket securely. It looks bad but worked without another failure. I can still change the battery or the blade and leave it mounted. I have another hand held one, so the dual feature was no biggie for me. I was a bit peeved that $200 didn't buy something that would at least last one season without repairing.

After four hours of grueling hard labor, I was done with the back. I noticed a dry spot so I turned on and adjusted the offending sprinkler. I notice another one that needed adjustment. I stripped it out trying to set it. With my patience shot, I dug it up. I drove down into town and found one that would work. The lines were long and I required some serious self talking to stay calm.

It is installed and appears it will work but being a water saver style, it may require more time than the old one. Very tired but calming myself trying not to think of getting the front done tomorrow. It is smaller but will require some skilled trimming.

I hope I won't have any dog poo catapult stories to share. Only time will tell.

6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

The front yard is finished, but not without minor incident.

I started edging at 7 AM with my Stihl gas weedeater. About 9, the dog poo offender came out and let me know it wasn't respectful to veterans, to be making such a loud noise, so early, on Memorial Day. I reminded him that this day was about those war vets that lost their lives, not about honoring veterans and certainly not vets that never went to war.

He didn't say anymore since I am sure he hasn't forgot my pointing out that his brag of being a Vietnam war vet was a crock, because he was only 12 back then and not many years weaned off his mothers titty. I didn't find any dog poo which was great for not hurting my arm, catapulting the poo back where it belonged.

His son and grandson drove up and fresh out of the rig, they started playing catch. The young man made an impressive throw and his dad missed it and it landed over in my lawn. I picked it up and signaled for the dad to move over and told the boy to be ready. I threw with all my might and the boy caught it, then threw his glove off and was shaking his hand.

"Nice catch, young man," I said.

"Nice throw! That was a real burner," the boy exclaimed with an element of surprise in his voice.

I waved using my other arm and headed back to get my mower since it was edged and blown and ready for mowing. I was thankful for my 4 wheel drive walk behind mover as I went round and round, holding my right arm so I didn't give any indication it was in pain.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Faye Fox likes this.
  8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Proud of you girl! My chest would swell if it didn't just lay there.;)

Faye Fox likes this.
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Right before my bedtime, I checked my patio farm and one madder still had just the one. I checked the other that earlier didn't have squat and counted 7 little tom a toes.

This morning, after careful examination, I found two on the one plant and gave up counting at 17 on the other. Plant two has them all in clusters and plant one has them single so far, but judging by the blossoms, it will also have clusters. I love it when a cluster of three all ripen together. It makes a nice display in my kitchen with the stems attached until they meet their fate.

I was amazed when I woke up and I had less than normal body aches. I hadn't taken anything for it before bed or during the night. My right arm was feeling great. I expected some soreness after my overhand hard ball pitch of the previous day. The normal left side head semi numbness and low grade dizziness was there, but when that goes away I will be headed to the pearly gate hoping St Peter has a sense of humor. So far today is a best case scenario for me.

Amazing what gardening can do. I think watching things grow brings out the mama in us old females and it is great therapy. It is good to see the results of my radical pruning and goes to show discipline, done with love, as plants and beings grow, is a good thing. I feel less stressed today and doing my laundry with enthusiasm that is even a surprise to me.

I trimmed my hair yesterday after taking a long relaxing shower. Not pixie short, but a lot shorter than my avatar.

I spent the morning doing my search for vintage clothes on Poshmark. I certainly don't need anymore, just can't resist getting all that appeal to me and would fit, in my likes page for more careful consideration. With my current collection, I will have to live to 100 and stay as active as I currently am, to wear them out. It is an obsession, but since I can't travel and don't go out except for my walks or occasionally to eat, what else can I spend my very hard earned money on that gives me such pleasure.

What a day, yesterday. Being a holiday, Mr. Lets Dog Run At Large, had his girlfriend over. They were sitting out front very close, then all of a sudden, she pulls her chair 6" back, facing him, and a lively discussion starts. I can hear some accusatory statements. She then pulls her chair to the far side of his front patio, about 20" away, and the yelling starts.

This goes on for sometime, as I do some front window washing, acting like I am deaf. Then another guy that appears to be about their age, late 50s, rides up on bike. Mr. LDRAL, then gets up, gives him his chair and goes out in-between them and back about 20' around his old junk car, and they all proceed to yell and wave their arms at each other. They formed a triangle. I have no idea what it was all about and while I have heard of lovers triangle, I know nothing about them. Finally, the lady got up and hurled her lawn chair across the patio and then jumped on the guys bike and took off. He yelled at her to stop but she was deaf to his request. As she rounded the corner out to the main street, I could see her super short loose leg jean shorts pulled up it a wedgie, like I have never seen, and her butt cheeks fell out over the old 10 speeds narrow seat. She apparently was either wearing a thong or no panties at all.

Her words as she biked away were, "You will never burn my ass again you sorry SOB."

I hoped for her sake that she didn't have far to bike, heading east, because Mr. Sol will burn her pale white ass without mercy. Two burning in one day might be a bit much for a lady her age.

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    Beth Gallagher and Nancy Hart like this.
  10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Just when I am destressing and doing the extra to get along, shit happens!

First it is a fresh pile of dog poo in my newly mowed lawn. The mutt somehow snuck in and my video camera didn't get it, so lacking concrete evidence who the offender was, I used an underhand golf type stroke, using my long handled mini rake, to send it out to the middle of the street.

Second, I was trying to be nice and post on a thread where I thought my experience and knowledge might be of interest. I should have known better, knowing the original poster has very low opinion of me, and no sense of humor. He knows little to nothing of that he claims expertise. I still won't put any one on ignore, but pray I have the courage to just overlook and not respond to misleading threads, meant to glorify the poster and degrade others or push an agenda.

Here is evidence of my exciting life.

IMG_6415.JPG

Ed Wilson and Beth Gallagher like this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

And my husband thinks I'm weird for photographing tomatoes. [​IMG]

12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Please don't tell your husband about my dog poo photo. I couldn't bear having two members of the forum with spouses, that are not on the forum, that think lowly of me. :rolleyes:

Mary Stetler likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

LOL. I never discuss the forum with my husband. Besides, he'd wonder who the hell "Beth Gallagher" is and why she has my picture as an avatar.

14. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

At least it's in a nice; neat pile. :(

Faye Fox likes this.
  15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for giving me a positive, fresh, new way of looking at this situation. The neat pile is a plus, since it makes scooping up as one easy, but does have an impressive shotgun effect when it hits its target. :D

Ed Wilson likes this.