Odds And Ends

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Faye Fox, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I didn't like the back of my hair squared off at the bottom so I fixed it.

FF pix gla.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Wish I had that many follicles.

Beth Gallagher and Faye Fox like this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

We both need haircuts, but looks like it will be awhile . I use to cut my own but aside from the bottom no can do anymore. Good job Faye.

4. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

do you stand back facing the mirror...with another mirror in hand...clippers in the other?
    Neat work

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't cut my own hair entirely and do a good job. The only reason I started doing the back at the sides, was that my hairdresser thinks it looks better squared so I let her do what she feels best about. She wasn't sure about doing a pixie on me for fear I might look like GI Jane. She was really pleased with the look as was I except the back needed that taper at the bottom to help revive my journey seeking the fountain of youth.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I had to take a break from such until they got my lens with prisms figured out. I use a small battery clipper with the cutters on end and just slowly start the process. A few times I have made a gap and it got much shorter than I had intended. Getting both sides equal is my biggest challenge. My hairdresser did such a nice job of undercutting and thinning the back, it was really easy for me to get it shaped. She got my sides a bit short and also didn't leave the sides long enough. Maybe in about a month, I will get her to gently just do the top a bit shorter and see how that looks.

Beth Gallagher and Teresa Levitt like this.
  7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I have a thin spot on the back top that started at age 30 from wearing a hardhat daily. If I go with a longer cut, it shows more, but a shorter bushy cut if done right covers it, but requires wetting and shaping every morning so I don't have a "rooster" tail. One of my friends loves to tease me about my rooster tail and I tell her no, it is a 20-strand colt ponytail.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  8. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Your hair looks great! :cool:

Faye Fox likes this.
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

For all you pottery collectors and lovers, the pitcher in the background is 1940s "Sevilla" pattern made by Cronin China Company of Minerva, Ohio. It is sometimes confused with Fiesta. Here is my Fiesta pitcher. It is modern made because of the engraved marking rather than the ink stamp used in the 1950s. Also, the faded green is a modern color. The 1950s pitchers in green were dark green.
    IMG_1319.JPG

10. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Looks good!

Faye Fox likes this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Have you ever been stymied on what to post about? That is me this morning. What subjects haven't been covered, recovered, and then stomped into the ground? How many more dead horses can I beat into bonemeal?

I can't even come up with a fresh joke this morning. I hate all my profile photos and attempting to take a new fresh one left me feeling queasy.

Politics is giving me gastrointestinal issues. I am trying to get back into gardening, but I just can't. Our produce here is just as good as I can grow, probably better because most of the small farms with road stands have a cleaner non-chemicalized water source.

Very few care about reminiscing the good old days anymore, so all there is to talk about is current events, computer skills, I-phones, miracle diets, religion, or anything that might cause drama or a nice dust-up.

So here I sit trying to make myself shut down this pandora's box and go play guitar. Somehow stirring up hate and discontent on a forum is more fun than playing guitar these days.

I suppose it is the aging process.

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I love that Fiesta pitcher; I have a couple of them but they are not vintage. I am not familiar with Cronin China so I need to look that up. I'd like to see more of your pieces, Faye.

Yvonne Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

It's hard work being fascinating and entertaining all the time. :D:D So I just sift through and respond to what catches my interest at the moment. Life is pretty hum-drum (which is not necessarily a bad thing) so I'm pretty boring, which doesn't keep me from posting drivel.

14. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

My Fiesta pitcher isn't vintage either. I started using my Fiesta mugs today for the first time. They are from the 1990s and not the real old Fiesta, but really neat. The Cronin was just something I picked up on one of my road trips. I have a couple of Hull pieces also. I will try to take some photos as I get motivated.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Do any of you know about Hull pottery? I have a couple of pieces of colorful gaudy (IMO) pieces that are representative of Hull. I discovered today that this pitcher is also Hull. The sticker on the bottom shows I paid $48 for it and that was 20 years ago on one of my antique road trips. I must have bought it knowing it was Hull. It no doubt caught my eye because it was unique.

IMG_1324.JPG

Von Jones and Yvonne Smith like this.