New Year Resolutions

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Patsy Faye, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I won't be making any - can't think of one
    Will you .................?

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Mine is always to downsize....this will be the year I do it...
    I hope.

3. Patsy Faye

Registered

Me too - will be a great move for you :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sometimes I can't wait and other times I'm not sure if it's the right decision.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yep understand that - I feel it is the right move for you, but you still have time to ponder it :)

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm only making one I hope I will keep....to get myself to that free health club my Medicare Advantage plan provides me and get some "health" into this almost 66 year old body of mine. ;)
    th (3).jpg growing old.jpg
    And on second thought...I'm making another resolution to drag my husband to our free health club too....his face looks alot like the man's above so maybe we could both bring some "shape and definition" back to our bodies along with better health!:p

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

To continue to downsize for our move.
    To lose some weight...........if at all possible.

But, to be truthful, New Year's Resolutions aren't my favorite thing to do!

Patsy Faye likes this.
  8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Inhale, exhale. Repeat all year.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My resolution will be the same thing as last year, and very similar to yours, @Babs Hunt , and that is to take care of my self and my body as well as I can do it, eating healthy choice foods and exercising . Even though things can go wrong no matter how well we take care of ourself, we still usually come through those better if we are healthier. As a praying Christian, it doesn't seem right for me to be asking God to heal my body while I am not doing everything that I can to take care of it, which I see as putting my faith in action.
    By exercising and low-carb eating, I have lost weight and gained muscles, and I am actually in better health than I have been for many years, and I want to continue getting healthier; so the diet and exercise will be my resolutions again this year.

Ike Willis likes this.
  10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Love more, laugh more, eat less. The first two will be easy. The third, well, we'll see. :)

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yep - I'd better do that one too :p

@Cody Fousnaugh - I hear ya Cody ! :D

Ike Willis likes this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree with everything you have said Yvonne. It's funny but we often do what our parents did and my mom took care of everyone but herself for most of her life. I have very much followed in her footsteps in that because we are so much alike in being nurturers and loving children (especially the baby stage). Also it seemed that older people in the past just let their bodies "bag and sag" and this was considered the way things were supposed to be. Just as I can remember supposebly old women weren't supposed to have long or colored enhanced hair.:) Now that I am old I actually can't stand taking my clothes off and looking in the mirror...and during the New Year I want to be able to look in the mirror and say to myself: "Not to shabby for 66 Babs!" :p

I also have been thinking of the words of Jesus when He said that we are to love others as we love ourselves. I always thought that would be egotical to love ourselves...but lately the Holy Spirit is showing me that it is by loving and caring for ourselves that we know how to love and care for others. And you put into words what I also have been thinking much of lately, that I need to do my part in keeping my body healthy since God is doing His part already.

I will be really new at doing this kind of stuff...so I hope you will keep me in your prayers in this Yvonne.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I will be saying prayers for you with your health and diet and exercise, @Babs Hunt . I have another dear friend in Idaho who also has health issues and is struggling to change to a more healthy diet.
    Her husband, although also a believing Christian, just does not want to change what he does, even though now he is almost bedridden from pain, and he wants to live on ice cream and cookies. He does understand that sugar is one of the most inflammatory foods there is and that it causes most of the arthritis inflammation, but he just keeps telling her that he hurts and wants comfort food.
    There is nothing that she can do until he is ready to change, so I just pray for them each time that I ask God's blessing on my own food, and ask Him to help Bud want to eat healthy foods and take care of his body.
    We all can see that it does not make sense to sit on the railroad track and then ask God to keep the train from running over us; but it seems like some people do not apply the same principle with their health.
    I am a long ways from perfect with this; but at least I am trying.
    Well, we are off to the fitness center for swimming and exercise; so talk with everyone later on today !

Babs Hunt likes this.
  14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

...you don't want to break THAT one!

15. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Many many years ago I made a resolution and after all these years, I am still keeping it..
    The resolution was........

NO MORE RESOLUTIONS !!!!