New Ipad Pro And Apple Pencil

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Yvonne Smith, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Apple just had their key-note presentation and we watched it tonight. I am impressed with all of the new updates that they have come out with; but the one that I just love is the new iPad Pro.
    It is larger than the regular iPads, and still weighs less than my iPad 3 weighs.
    It is just over 12" wide, and the same height; which makes it almost double the surface size.

This iPad has a fullsized virtual keyboard, so it is much simpler to type on than the older, smaller keyboards. However, they also made a new keyboard case that fits the iPad Pro, and connects just by placing the ipad in the keyboard stand.
    One of the things that I loved most about the iPad Pro was the new Apple pencil. For people who like to draw, this is amazing !
    You can sketch on the ipad just like you would with a regular pad and pencil; but the Apple Pencil is also touch sensitive as to size and darkness of the line you are drawing.
    It also has four speakers; so if you are watching a movie on the ipad pro; it is almost like having surround sound.
    Here is a demo of how the new Apple Pencil works.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't seen the iPad Pro or their new stylus. I lost my stylus and miss it. They're handy on touch pads.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Apple just introduced the new iPad Pro today on their update program that they have every Fall. The new ipad Pro should be out by next month if I remember right.
    The new Apple pencil, is better than a regular stylus.
    If you watch the little demonstation video, you can see how touch-sensitive that it is, @Bill Boggs . If you touch lightly, you get a thin line, and a harder press gives you a heavier line, and then when you slant the pencil, it adjusts the thickness of the lines.
    With the new apps that are designed to work with the pencil, you can literally use the iPad Pro like a sketchbook, and you have an infinite variety of colors.

Even if you didn't want to draw or write with the ipad, it is even better than the old iPads for doing things like watching a movie, or just looking at pictures. It has almost double the size of the older full-sized ipads, and still weighs less than the older ones because it is so thin.

Here is a little demo of the iPad Pro.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have several colleagues who are using iPad instead of laptops for personal use. Their reason is that the office has issued us a laptop for official use so they want to have a different computer for personal use. Besides, they said, a tablet is cheaper than a laptop. Really? I had checked for the prices and I found out that iPad is very expensive. And my colleagues prefer the iPad, not for the classy look but they say it is fast compared to other tablets - iPad runs on iOs and other tablets run on Android.

Our one and only tablet was a Telpad, issued by the landline phone company and sold at 50% discount so I bought one. But after 2 years the battery conked out and it cannot be revived anymore.

5. Yvonne Smith

My iPad is a Fourth Generation iPad, which came out in 2012. I also have a bluetooth keyboard for it that makes it much easier than typing on the virtual keyboard.
    I use mine all the time, every single day. I hate it now when I have to use the regular computer to do anything, and avoid that as often as possible.
    Thankfully, there are very few things that I cannot do with the iPad; so I seldom even go into the computer area. I have to sync the ipad and iPhone with iTunes every month; so I have to use the computer to do that; but otherwise, I seldom use the Dell at all.

I charge my iPad up overnight, and it usually runs all day on the charge, depending on what I am doing with it. I have never had any problems with the battery, or anything else, for that matter.
    People still sell the First Generation iPads on eBay, so obviously, they must last a very long time.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I always wanted to get a laptop or the new ipad or galaxy tabs. I will keep what you wrote in mind when I finally get a computer. It seems like the IT world always has something new all the time. I get all Wowed about one that I've seen in a commercial. I like laptops a lot for it's so compact. I like a mouse instead of the pad that comes with the laptop. The ipads are better and so are the galaxy tabs. It's so nice to have a computer on the go today. I definitely will keep what you wrote in mind for my next computer!

7. Yvonne Smith

My oldest son is happy, he just got his new iPad Pro.
    He has been using his iPhone for most things, but did still have an iPad Mini for when he wanted something larger than the iPhone.
    I am looking forward to hearing how he likes it once he has had a chance to get used to it; and he has already posted some pictures on Facebook that he edited with the new iPad.
    One of the advantages of this new one is the larger size, and it will make it MUCH easier to see everything in minute detail with the ability to stretch the screen, plus the better resolution and just having more area to magnify things with.
    So far, he says the screen is amazing for looking at photos and for editing them, and the sound system is great if you are watching a movie (it has Quad-speakers). Since he loves photography; the photo-editing will be an important plus for him.
    He is the "Senior Tech Guru" for my family (Robin is next); so we are all waiting to hear his expert evaluation of the iPad Pro.
    He read everything that he could find (both pro and con) before ordering one, and pretty well knew what to expect from it.