New Finds For Me

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Ina I. Wonder, May 31, 2015.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

As most of you know, I have been struggling to find my new lifestyle, and I'm here to tell you, it is one of the most confusing and frustaighting times in my life.

But now I have found a few really neat new things that I can see are going to be a regular part of this new lifestyle. If you had asked me a year ago about these things the answer would be, "Not for me, thank you."

I have a young friend, (Krystin, 45 y/o), that comes over every week since Michael died. Sometimes we sit around yaking the day away, or we'll spend all morning silently working in my garden. On the days we work in the morning, she will drag me out into the bigger world. I tend to be a hermit. Krystin has introduced me to many things that I never had time for, even if I knew that they existed. Two such things are flavored iced coffee, and pedicures.

image.jpg image.jpg

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Woohoo! Did they serve you the iced coffee while you were getting your pedicure? It's great that your friend is introducing you to new experiences. Socializing is a good thing, and your toes are pretty!

Joe Riley and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

The art of giving an opossum a proper pedicure!;)

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Diane Lane

Registered

Hahaha I love it! I actually love possums. They eat with the stray cats that I feed. One died out back, trying to get under my shed, and so I buried it. There are some great videos of possums eating fruit, particularly berries, and they're very cute!

5. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I understand wanting to create a new lifestyle. I also want to create a new lifestyle for myself that includes more socialing although I do like your toes I will not be getting my toes done. I really don't like people touching my feet.

6. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

There are always new experiences open to us in life and sometimes it takes a friend to bring them to our attention.
    I also discover things through books, which can me off on my own investigations, to go somewhere, learn more or try something for myself.

I have often discovered "new finds" through the Internet. Just recently I've become fascinated by a forum I found, where members post photos taken inside and around abandoned buildings and derelict places they have explored, usually by entering illegally. Although I can't visit those places in person, I love seeing some of the architectural details and what's been left behind.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Registered

@Ina I. Wonder I hope you'll keep us apprised of your new finds and activities. My life is pretty routine right now, so I can live vicariously through your adventures.

8. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I think its great that you have a friend who wants to help you to experience new things. Who knows what types of avenues this could open for you. Sometimes in life we have to get out there and experience what life has to offer. Otherwise life could be passing us by without us realizing it. Keep us posted on your activities and your growth.

9. Linda Schrier

Linda Schrier Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi Diane, It's a good thing to have a friend that you can relate to and get pedicures together. I am 63 too and I have a huge family that I am very close with. We are all best friends. 3 brothers and 5 other sisters. One of my brothers died of cancer. We all get together twice a year and I live with my sister. Loved your pedicure and graphics!

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:)That's so nice to have a nice friend that you can depend on that brings brighter times with thdayem. Life gives you what you need when you need it, splendid. For some it's a pet for you a wonderful friend! Life is good when you live each day to the fullest.

Joe Riley likes this.