Never Really Knew

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Von Jones, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

I got my shingles shot a few years ago at Walgreens for $200. After seeing what my ex went through, I knew that I wanted to avoid that whatever it cost.

2. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Myself and both daughters have had all the child hood diseases. They both came down with chicken pox at the same time and had bad case. Few years later at age of 9 0r 10 youngest one had shingles down her back. My mother had light case on her knee one time. Very painful stuff.
    Probably should get the shot but can not afford that. The pneumonia shot and flu shot in 2015 ....thought I was going to croak...so skipped last year. Oct.is usually when we get the shots still trying to decide.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Shingles is very painful and ugly! My wife’s youngest sister got Shingles a few months ago. Doctors at the hospital told her the break-out was due to lots of stress she was going thru at the time.

I just need to know, from my doctor, if I need the shot since I’ve never had Chicken Pox.....that I know of/remember.

4. Von Jones

Von Jones Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm glad to know the cost of a shingles shot. I don't have medicare but it seems that any contageous disease would be covered in full by any insurance. I understand why so many choose not to get a shingles shot now.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  5. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If you have not had chicken pox..or your not plagued by fever blisters...really no real need.