Netflix

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Mal Campbell, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have been enjoying netflix for quite some time and am always thrilled when I find a really good TV series that I've never seen before. Right now, I'm watching "The Paradise". It's a BBC drama series set in 1890s Newcastle. It portrays the people who own, work and shop in the first English department store called The Paradise. The main character is a fresh faced young girl, who comes into the big city from a village in Scotland and gets a job at the store. It's actually very good, if you like period dramas.

Another series that I just finished is "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries". It's an Australian TV series set in 1920s Melbourne, with a glamorous flapper as a female private investigator. Another great period drama.

What are you watching? I'm always looking for some good recommendations.

2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Well-Known Member
    Registered

I also look at "Miss Fisher's Mysteries", I like her sassy ways on the show, her wardrobe is also very eye appealling. The repeats come the PBS station in my locale, I know there is a new season but it has not come on the local tv yet. I also look at shows that we would not normally get here in the states on Netflix.

I am a big animated person so I look at the new ones when I can. Hulu Plus is also good but they have ad breaks which I don't like, if I am paying to watch the shows I feel that I should not have to watch the ads also.

3. Kevin Matthew

Kevin Matthew Member
    Registered

The other place to check if you have Amazon Prime is Amazon Instant Video.... between Netflix and Amazon, we never run out of things to watch... we tend to only watch British TV, and both are filled with shows from the UK...

Have you watched Doc Martin? Great show... I think Netflix has it...

4. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, I love Doc Martin. I keep hoping they will come out with new episodes. Do you know if it's been renewed or canceled? I also really like Murdoch Mysteries - a Canadian production about a detective in Toronto in the 1890s using "new" forsenic science to solve crimes. I find it interesting that he meets famous people before they were famous like Conan Doyle and Thomas Edison. I'm hoping that they will have new episodes of this one too.

5. Juan Ortega

Juan Ortega Member
    Registered

Netflix is great and all, but the content is rarely up to date. It is really just a compilation of already freely accessible data on the web. However, I have noticed that the quality and streaming can be a lot better. Still the content should be updated and including a larger variety. At least so I believe, there platform on browsers lacks recent releases which one must pay more for if not found on the available selection of films. Just saying, an opinion for thought.