My Wife Has Been Deceiving Me!

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Frank Sanoica, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Fortunately, she never looks here (that I know of.) Came to find my coffee is secretly being doctored up. To me, coffee is coffee, all tastes the same to me, with my malfunctioning taste buds, but the beverage is nevertheless my daily mainstay. I was aware she buys "1/2-Caf" and mixes that with "real" coffee for the morning brew batch. But lately, she brews a second batch in the afternoon, and that been caffeine-free.

I've asked about it, but she denies the afternoon stuff is any different. I am suspicious, though. She claims better sleeping habits result from drinking the unleaded, and encourages me to get de-caf when we eat out for dinner.

Perhaps to save the peace, what little remains, I should just drink what she makes up. At least, I feel assured still, that it is not laced with poison!

Frank

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica you have two choices. You can spend a little money, and set up your own coffee station, or you can realize that your wife wishes to keep you around. Even if it's just because you might be fun to argue with. :D

3. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Ina I. Wonder
    You doll! Better able to analyze another's hiss-fits than he can himself! So, ya think she's bent on keeping me around, eh? This one fits to go on my "imponderables list". Thank you!
    Frank

4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Even after 47 years, and just out of the blue, Michael would pick a argument with me, and it always took me by surprise, because he just wasn't a needy person. Then I would realize it was my attention he wanted in the first place. It was his way of reminding me that he too needed to see that he was important. Of course I would sock him one in the arm before we both would start laughing and kissing.

He was my best friend as well as everything else to me, so I admit I would hide his potato chips all over the house, because he would eat a large bag a day if I didn't.

Of course I know that made not an iota of difference to his ending health, but it made me feel like I was taking care of him. Maybe like your caring wife? :rolleyes: ;)

5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Why does she have to brew your coffee? Aren't you big enough to brew your own coffee? :D

Ken Anderson and Frank Sanoica like this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Shirley Martin
    Ha! I'd actually rather she didn't, then I'd know WTH is in it, if I made it myself! Actually, I dare not interefere much in kitchen activities. All In ask for is coffee!
    Frank

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  7. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

It's what we wives do to keep you guessing AND to keep you around. I can remember telling hubby that it was the beef broth making the white rice a little darker....it was brown rice.

And his two pre flavoured packets of sugar laden maple oatmeal ....that got switched up with one packet and a couple of heaping tablespoons of regular oatmeal.

I find it I keep chattering away he never twigs on ....my little secret.