My Russian Experiences

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Terry Page, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes Tom I have been to about the same number, though I lost count a while back............but Lisa reminds me, as she like a lot of Russians are apt to be competitive about the numbers :)
    By the way Tom I discovered your journal yesterday and am enjoying reading about some of your adventures http://duckholiday.com/

Tom Locke likes this.
  2. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks...the blog has stalled a little since the flooding fiasco, but Duck Holiday is a resilient type and should be back broadcasting soon.

3. Terry Page

Registered

I passed it onto Chrissy Page who read and enjoyed your Eastern European section, particularly the part on Hungary because she is Hungarian and lived there for a while with her Hungarian husband.

Tom Locke likes this.
  4. Terry Page

Registered

As the old saying goes, you wait ages for a bus and then two come along at once, here is a tram variation, in the road where Lisa lives, it often happens when a tram breaks down or there is an accident with a car.

trams1.jpg

5. Terry Page

Registered

Having been to more museums in Russia than I can count, Lisa and I went to an unusual one just up the road from her flat, its called Museum Eros a museum concerning the history of eroticism. The website is here. Its in an restored old palace and is very large with several rooms and a 3D cinema. It was an odd experience really, as there were a couple of elderly babushkas in the ticket office who were unexpectedly very enthusiastic about all the exhibits, they introduced us to a young female guide who took us round the exhibits explaining how all the gadgets and sex aids worked, it was of course all in Russian so Lisa translated for me. An interesting but somehow bizarre experience and so unexpected in Russia of all places where sex is rarely discussed. For fear of offending I wont post my photos of the more explicit displays, just a few acceptable ones to give you an idea of the place.There are some more pictures on the website.Please note you have to be over 18 to enter it. ;)

mus2.jpg mus1.jpg mus.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  6. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh I thought I had seen a thread somewhere for Russia. I'm so glad you brought it to the forefront again so I can view it in it's entirety.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    Chrissy Cross and Terry Page like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Very INTERESTING, Terry!

Is there an age limitation to go in there? Do you have to be older than 18?

Not somewhere I would go with my grandsons or my kids but it is a museum I would enjoy visiting. :)

Terry Page likes this.
  8. Terry Page

Registered

I am sure I could knock one up in my shed Lara, ask your friend what size and colour feathers she would like o_O

9. Terry Page

Registered

It's 18 to enter the website so I guess yes, though being Russia a few roubles would get you anywhere ;)

But then again you are over 18 aren't you so they would let you in. ;)

10. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Terry Page, that's one unique museum you got into. When I hear of museum, what my mind project are artifacts that are related to archeology or history that was taught in school. With that sex museum, I'm sure many would enjoy going there.

One time we chanced upon a so called sex shop where they sell kinky toys and other items used to gain more sexual pleasure. I noticed that most of the passersby in the store would linger to look at the glass display but seemed to be shy of getting inside the shop. No, we did not buy anything but we had fun in checking out their items. Sorry, camera is not allowed so no photos.

Terry Page likes this.
  11. Terry Page

Registered

Our Day Trip on the Route 16 Tram

The No 16 tram runs past Lisa's flat so we can catch it a few yards up the road, it weaves from the city centre out to the suburbs and terminates by Ekateringofsky Park
    It takes about 45 minutes to get there and is a pleasant journey. The park has an interesting history and is relaxing to walk around. We go there several times each summer, but this is the first November trip. It was quite beautiful with a hoare frost and snow on the ground.

The Tram
    tr1.jpg
    From the window the Train Station on the line that would take you to Crimea
    tr2.jpg
    An early Christmas Tree
    tr3.jpg
    The Terminus
    tr4.jpg
    Our Tram returning to the city
    tr5.jpg
    A babushka with her grandchild feeding the ducks at the entrance
    tr8.jpg
    The Gardens
    tr9.jpg tr12.jpg tr13.jpg
    tr20.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  12. Terry Page

Registered

The Restaurant by the Park
    tr11.jpg

The Metro station we went back from
    tr22.jpg tr23.jpg
    Our Local Metro Station

tr21.jpg

13. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

That park with it's restaurant is beautiful and your photos do it proud. So much fun for us to see here on the other side of the world.

14. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Great pictures, @Terry Page, thanks so much for sharing!! I'm glad I clicked through before I left to do chores :).

Terry Page and Lara Moss like this.
  15. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Great photos again, @Terry Page. The interior shots seem to mesmerize me as if I was there inside those photos. Those snowy photos reminded me of our Beijing trip last January when our bones were frozen by the zero degree temperature - we live in a tropical country so you can imagine how we took that frigid cold especially when the wind blows. The Terminus looked like a circle that we call rotunda and probably the end of the bus line (terminal). Just speculating on the pics, nothing serious.

Lara Moss likes this.