My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

When you go to check out, skip the prime offer. Then go down your list of items and click the free shipping options. Not the one that says prime. If an item does not have free shipping, go back to cart and delete the item. Then just wait till you want another item to add to make total purchase $25.
    Items stay in your cart till you delete them.
    The reason I shop amazon was they made it easy and had free shipping. They are making it less easy, along with the Chase credit default. I changed back to my main credit card.
    Sunday, I got my daughter a 5 cup coffee maker from Walmart.com and it was on our porch Monday with an email announcement. :)

Tony Page and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

thank you

Tony Page likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

thank you!

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Soil moisture/pH meter. Supposedly tests for "nutrients", too. It was only $15 so I'm not expecting much, but it gets good reviews. I'm having an issue with one of my raised beds; the plants are turning yellow and I can't figure out what's going on there.

upload_2023-3-22_10-14-36.png

Tony Page likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Actually, I returned that sandwich maker thing without even opening the box. I snapped out of it. :D

6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Was online looking through Craigslist when I spotted a Sony Multipy Disc Player CDP CX455. This is one that he's not being produced any longer she can only get it used.
    It holds 400 CD disc which you can program to play in any order or play any tracks. One of the features I like about this unit is it plays MP3 disc. I enjoy making MP3 disc either from streaming or from CDs I own. I can fit usually around 200 songs on MP3 disc.
    I was really happy to find this unit, the original one I had was in the fire I'm not sure it works, that's one piece of audio equipment I can check off the list.
    i07qbxryxekyy7uicw8j.jpeg

7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

COZSINOOR Bed Pillows for Sleeping [Pack of 2] Cozy Dream Series Hotel Quality Pillows Premium Plush Fiber, Breathable Cooling Cover Skin-Friendly
    Ordered these today... free shipping yea!

8. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Quoting myself here

This purchase of mini iron turned out disappointing ….to say the least and I must say very unusual ….for anything purchased from Amazon , I’ve had nothing short of good service shopping with them in the past

This iron came with a NON Aust plug for a start , I actually checked before ordering but there was no mention of needing an adaptor due to having a overseas type of plug ( they may have added that now )

The iron arrived in a badly torn flimsy plastic bag … no wrapping around iron …...it had a notice on the bag “ lighter than a box “ ;);)

What for an IRON :eek:

Pack was post
    marked as being posted from Victoria ( Aust ) I very much doubt it did come from Victoria .:eek:

Luckily we had an adaptor plug ….or two …..but I think the poor iron had a hard time arriving here …it didn’t heat up at all ..so tried another adaptor plug …didn’t work …

They requested I return iron in the plastic bag they sent it to me in ….and pay for the return postage :eek::eek:nah I took a photo and …..sent it to them ……and said this Bag?? …?. NO …my post office wouldn’t accept packaging in that condition …..

they replied ….and said when they receive the iron back they will refund my money.

…..it was quite oblivious from the reply I got the person didn’t have good English speaking skills.
    cause they didn’t seem to understand I could not return the iron in that pack …but I would have to purchase a post box for its safe return.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

The last thing I purchased online is an Hourpark wind spinner. I have it in front of my kitchen window because that's where I spend a lot of time.

10. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Ordered curtains, and they will be here today by 8pm. Try not to order online but sometimes we do.

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

That is so cool, Shirley! Where'd you find that?

12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Amazon.... where else?:D

13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Amazon is slipping with all that is going on.

John Brunner likes this.
  14. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Here's a solution. Put the iron in the bag that it came in and then in the acceptable box from the post office and mail it back.

15. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

"We would like to take your order, but find that all this business is causing our standards to slip. Please try to spend your money with us in a couple of months" said no business ever.

Von Jones, Mary Stetler and Tony Page like this.