My Recent Online Purchases - What Were Yours?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I tell ya, Amazon really needs to manage their 3rd part vendors better. I forget what I was searching for when I got over 300 pages of results. It seems than an entire page would be full of the exact same item at the exact same price with the exact same picture and description ("Be pleasing you mostly"), probably from the exact same seller trading under a bunch of different names. There's gotta be a way of managing that without killing real competition.

And notice they did not tell you "No Results Found" for that Mozilla search. They just gave you Sponsored ads for bags, as though that is what you were looking for.

2. John Brunner

Once I became aware of my own foibles, I stopped telling blond jokes.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I had gone to the area where I had bought them for before, where it shows the last date purchased , soI thought that was what I was orderings. i cant blame them, I am sure I did something wrong. Scatter brain of late.. I put bag of Fritos in fridge:eek:

4. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Review:
    I got my lap gear this afternoon. So far I like it a lot! It's lightweight, comfortable, and doesn't feel awkward on my lap while sitting on the sofa. I haven't tried it in another chair yet.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Oxo electric kettle and Bodum french press.
    upload_2023-2-10_21-23-57.png upload_2023-2-10_21-24-32.png

6. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

A lotto ticket for tonite

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  7. John Brunner

LED replacement bulbs for my under-the-cabinet puck lights. I hope they fit.
    [​IMG]

A package of instant chicory.
    3 packages of Teeccino flavored chicory coffees (Chocolate, Chocolate Mint, Maca Chocolate.)

I placed an order with Amazon on the 6th and have already received one item, with the rest being due tomorrow. This order I just placed has a delivery date of Feb 26. Amazon often beats their quoted date, but this one is 2 weeks out. I don't think I've seen that before.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
  8. John Brunner

I placed another order yesterday, the 12th. Delivery is scheduled for the 17th. I guess there must be an item on that other order holding things up.

9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

These turned out very good. I as surprised as there were some bad reviews on this brand. Maybe the company improved them. So I will be keeingthem.

John Brunner likes this.
  10. John Brunner

Who know why some people have problems with products. I was looking for a covered coffee mug, and nearly all of the 1 Star reviews were because of shipping damage. Yeh, I understand that we should know if the seller's packaging stinks, but "It arrived too late for my birthday" hardly has anything to do with the utility of the item.

Anyway...

So you got the Ideatech ones? I'll add them to my Wish List, just to bookmark them in case I want to try them out sometime in the future.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Let's see, from Amazon: Button Batteries for a firearm Boresight. Vitamin supplements. Two firearm lasers, which were cancelled for one on Amazon that does fit a new firearm. A new Boresight for a new firearm. And, AA Batteries.

Looks like, if my wife gets her 1-month extension on her "at home" job, a Security Camera for the outside of the front door. Like our one inside, it will run off of WiFi and I will have an iPhone 13 app for it.

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

13. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have been buying all sorts of stuff before the Feb 22 smile.amazon deadline. lots of supplements, oil radiator for my barn cat, more worms for the chickies. Hubby bought an all wool blanket and a down comforter. He bought a bunch of dark bed sheets. Turning his bedroom into a spa? Planning on not washing his sheets anymore...?
    He has been talking about buying a new mattress. Like the old joke about going in to the doctor complaining that shoulder hurts when he sleeps on it. Doctor says, then don't sleep on that shoulder.
    Buy a new matteress?! Online? I keep telling him to try them out at a store.
    And once it gets here, I wanna see him haul it up the stairs if it is from an on line store.
    I'll get videos.:D

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
  15. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Last mattress I ordered came from this place. It’s a natural materials mattress with steel springs, cotton, wool, etc. it comes in a small box given the size of the mattress. A machine flattens the thing, rolls it up, boxes it and sends it on it’s way. Good luck returning it but I’m not too picky. I bought an organic natural material 3” topper to go with it. Nice.

https://joybeds.com/lx-natural-mattress.html

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
    Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.