My Never Ending Search For Employment

Discussion in 'Senior Employment' started by Sandy Wood, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Sandy Wood

Sandy Wood Active Member
    Registered

Jeanne, I know of a few more sites to search for work and will post them soon. I have already found some work from workersonboard. But I am wanting a bit more. I have found one job and that is helping a lady who has health issues by taking her to the grocery store and drugstore, and staying over night when she is having a bad night. Then on Sunday, I got offered another job at the local community center. This job is funded by PathStones, a government program designed to help seniors get some work. If I get the job it will be doing cleaning and working 3 hours a day, Monday-Friday. Total 15 hours a week. It will be just minimum wage but I am happy to be offered the work.

I might suggest checking with your local community center, senior center, or library, to ask about this program. Also you could let the word out that your willing to drive seniors to the grocery store, doctor visits, pharmacy,.....etc, for a set rate. Most places have ATM buses to haul seniors, but the driver is not allowed to carry your sacks of food to your door or into your place, which is a burden for seniors. Plus they have to sit and wait to be picked up. Think how nice it is to help someone in need and yet get a bit in return.

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Jeanne Palmer

Jeanne Palmer New Member
    Registered

Thanks Sandy:

I'm working part time for an elderly lady - taking her shopping, medical appointments, helping her with exercises and walking. I'm now looking for work here on the internet. I saw some information about doing general transcription - and that looks promising. I'm going to go there now, and read more about that.
    Thanks for your help, and I'm glad that you're finding work too.

Jeanne

3. Jeanne Palmer

Jeanne Palmer New Member
    Registered

Hi Sandy,

I don't know if you've already been to a website called: www.dogvacay? If not, you might want to look it over. It offers work that you can do from home, babysitting dogs in your own home. I'm going to apply to it yet today.

Jeanne