Molasses

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Patsy Faye, May 12, 2017.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

I know of Mr Magoo - did he work there too ? ..............:p

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I remember the Blues Magoos......."We ain't got nuthin' yet!"
    Frank

3. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Magoos in St Joe Missouri was owned by. Mr Magoo. Cant remember his first name. It was a very well liked Jewish deli. We serverd only kosher made food daily. Everything had to be fresh fresh..ir wr thru it out. Cheesecake was their signature dessert. Complete bar and collection of foreign and domestic beers. They also had a line of rather ecotic foods ...tigers milk, chocolate ants. ....I cant remember them all. People would line up outside and wait to get in...even in pouring rain. Many wealthy and some famous people ate there.
    Mr Magoo was very difficult to work for, and not public, his mistress was Deloeres an older lady that worked there. She would dry her wig in the big oven before opening the store.I was the 20th waitress he had hired that year. And only had 3 waitresses including me that year. We were not alllowed to speak to each other even on our10 mintute lunch break. Mr Magoo did work there mainly handling the cash and ordering. The kosher chili and bagles alone kept me over weight until I returned to Texas.Have a few stories about that place!

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Gloria Mitchell
    What a most wonderful remembrance of a past bunch of experiences! Thank you! If I recall right, St. Joe is near St. Louis, and St. Charles is north of KC, other end of the state.

Anybody care to dispute this....? Missouri borders more states than any other. Let's see, now: Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, which have I missed? Thought there were 8. Tennessee? Shoot! Old age creeping in.
    Frank

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I am pretty sure that St. Joseph is at the northwest corner of the state of Missouri. Not sure where St. Charles is; but you might have them reversed.
    Okay, I just look on Google Maps, and St. Charles is a northern suburb of St. Louis.

6. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Yvonne Smith
    Ah, so! Thought I might have them backwards. Comes from being half left-handed, I guess.
    Frank

Yvonne Smith likes this.