Modular Lounge Sofa

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Avigail David, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

We've just purchased one that will keep for a long, long time. Thanks to my loving husband. Of course, it's a 15-month luxury to pay. And, as I sit on my new modular premium leather lounge suite-- plus the chaise, (too big, but I try different parts of it at different times, haha!)-- I've been very grateful that we finally have one after all these years.

I haven't had one leather lounge suite since my 29 years of marriage and familyhood. You know, I tried to simplify with my living room. Chairs and fold-down/up wooden lounge or bed-- that I would not feel so bad when little hands and creative little minds employed to much creativity and resourcefulness while growing up. We freed up our lounge/family room for children to play and run sometimes.

Now, I "love" my modular lounge and chaise, (but not to marry it, :-D). The smell of leather still lingers in the room.

Yesterday, my 14-month old grandson is being carefully watched that he's not given pens, coloring pencils, and toys near Grandma's lounge suite. But Grandson can pick and choose a nook to sit cozily on the lounge sofas to read with grandma, or with 9 and 12 year-old uncle and aunty :-D Or with all four of us. :) There's more room for all.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Corie Henson likes this.
  2. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Congrats on your new modular lounge @Avigail David!

) remember to have seen (and want) modular sofas back in the late 70s, but my father liked to have a traditional sofa/couch setting. However those I can remember in regular tapestry cannot compare with today's leather modular systems. I attended a furniture exposure showcasing a whole modular furniture setting in leather including the pieces for the dining room.

Maybe you would like to share pics of your lounge with us :)

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Our sofa is the ordinary upholstery since our house is not that big and we have dogs in the house so we cannot just buy any furniture.We used to have a rock pigeon that lived inside our house for 5 years. And you know pigeons, they poop anywhere they want so the house is not really that clean. I had wanted to buy a modular like what you had described in this thread, and with premium leather, wow. But it is very expensive here.