Men, Do You Use An Electric Razor?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Lon Tanner, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well spotted.

2. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

As any man I've also been experimenting with my facial hair from being fully bearded to wet and dry shaving. Never grew a goatie, though. I've ended up using a cordless electric shaver 3000 series from Philips with Norelco heads and pop-up trimmer for dry shaving only. I don't need any bells and whistles. I've been using the current one for 4 years now and would replace it with the latest basic device of the same kind when this one breaks down. What makes dry shaving a lot easier, though, is that I blow dry my hair after the morning shower which also makes the stubbles perfect for the shave.

I didn't like having to concentrate early in the morning while still being half asleep which razor shaving would force me to do. With my electric shaver I can wander around daydreaming and shaving without risking any cuts. That's what I like in the morning.

3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have used the same Norelco triple head razor for near 40 years and just keep replacing carbon brushes when needed. I recently bought 4 pair online in fact, and the razor keeps chugging on. Try that with any Chinese junk.

4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I try to remember to shave with my Remington at least once a week. Sometimes I forget

John Brunner likes this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

That's pretty funny. Every once in a while I'll grow a goatee or maybe a mustache, but my hair is so curly that I get ingrown whiskers, and the hairs poke at the corners of my mouth. I try to trim it back, but then I end up looking like Hitler, so I shave it off.

Regarding electric razors: I had one when I was 18 or 19 but never liked them. Now I'm retired I'll not shave but every 10-14 days, so I have an electric trimmer I use to cut it back so I can get a razor on it.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  6. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Active Member
    Registered

I try a new electric razor about every four years. Have never found one that is as good as a plastic, multi-blade razor. I have a thick, fast growing beard. These days, I shave my neck and cheeks. That's it.

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

No, I never found one that gave a close shave. I use the old fashioned double edge safety razor,a brush and cup of soap.

8. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I never tried the Razor/Brush/Soap option. I've always used Electric on my mild, slow-growing whiskers. I always shave on Sunday Mornings, sometimes going 2 Sundays without a shave.

Howl