Men Age Better Than Women. Do You Agree?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Amy Read, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Will Lawrence

Will Lawrence Veteran Member
    Registered

My wife works in a large optometry practice. She would argue with you that one gender ages more gracefully than another. It all depends on the person.
    She notices the older men who come in with bellies hanging way over their belts, unkempt hair, and clothing that looks more like pajamas than suitable for public viewing. She also has many "gentlemen" who are so rude with remarks that most of us wouldn't say to a wife or daughter.
    Ladies, likewise, can let their bodies go. It's a shame when the "paint" is layered on to cover the blemishes.

As for me, I appreciate the lady who is a lady. A lady keeps herself presentable in public. And, she can carry on a sane and sensible conversation. I don't see what older gents see in the younger generation with their foul language and all-out rude behavior.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Here's my thoughts on this. Men don't really age better than we do...they just haven't spent all those years wearing makeup to "enhance their beauty" or had to live up to society's standards of what a pretty woman is and should look like. I think all along women have had to live up to a certain standard in the "what is beautiful" department...so therefore when we stop wearing the makeup, etc. and all those "beauty enhancing" products, etc. we look like the beautiful women God created us to be...and we age exactly like we are supposed to...just like men.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"Men Age Better Than Women. Do You Agree?"

No!
    From the onset, men go for girls younger than themselves, a fetish, perhaps, then in later years regret their loss of overall attractiveness to the "younger women". Frank

4. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

I think that men as they mature though middle age do look better. Most women look good as well but have do alot more to achieve the same effect. But that is for only a few years then it gets back to a level playing field.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Well one can't live without the other, so how can one better than the other? It's a matter of coexisting so we all to handle what life hands us. Even if you're gay, you'd need both for we all need someone to talk to or share with, so I think that if on the logic of being stronger, as physical strength, I believe men to be stronger not better. In life there is always someone younger better looking, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder always. Nay men are not better than women, but neither is women better than men.

Ike Willis likes this.
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

No two people are alike. So you can't say one group of people age faster than another group. Aging is just another word for decaying. Some bananas decay faster than other bananas. So how many years have you been decaying?;):confused:
    [​IMG]

Ike Willis likes this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Some men do look better as they age
    As for women (and men) its down to how you present yerself
    If you keep that twinkle in yer eye, you will shine out to others, regardless of a few wrinkles
    I'm in pain everyday and rely on a stick now to walk about, but I won't let me smile turn upside down
    I don't like to be negative - makes me very unhappy
    keep smiling, its another beauty asset :D

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

So we get to keep the twinkles and the wrinkles!;)

9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Definitely ! :D

10. Sacheen BrightEagle

Sacheen BrightEagle Veteran Member
    Registered

I think aging is an individual rather than a gender thing. I agree an oily skin postpones wrinkling to a degree. Unless one is dark skinned, sun damage ages both men and women long before their time. Smoking also contributes

facial lines, and dark circles. As for older men preferring younger women, I can't speak for anyone but myself. Philly is seven years younger than I, and sees the disparity in our ages as irrelevant.