Memorial Day Plans

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by K E Gordon, May 24, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Not for us! The northern part of Jacksonville (Fl.) had a homicide last night at a Shell gas station. Unfortunately, homicides/crime just seem to be a part of this city often (weekly). Now, fortunately, we don't live in that area.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I spoke too soon !
    Just after I posted that yesterday, we went to the fitness center and as we left, there were a whole lot of police cars with lights flashing a few blocks down the street, which is not unusual for this part of town. I think that most of the drug dealers are around this section of Huntsville, or at least we have our share of them.
    In any case, when we came back home, I saw the news report that a 19 year old had been shot and killed, and the police were looking for the shooter.
    We have had police cars up and down the street more than usual today; so they must be still searching for whoever did it.
    It hasn't stopped the two crazy people on their motorcycles who think this street is a racetrack though.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We have ears of sweet corn ready to boil, will thaw out some beef burgers for tomorrow, helped wife make some potato salad and have Bud Light "at the ready". Also, have our American Flags ready to go outside tomorrow AM.