Making Friends

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Are you choosy about who you make friends with? Do you look for certain things in someone, as in interests and/or other things? How about you..........would you make someone a good friend?

If you are married, do you prefer to make friends with married folks rather than single ones?

There are Seniors out there that are very particular about who they make friends with. Smoking, swearing, dressing to young looking, to much makeup and the list goes on. Even political opinions can be a deciding factor.

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh Lord Cody ...yes I think most folk pick people can relate to.
    My BFF almost 50 years .we are daylight and dark ....but we also have chagned in those years.
    Personally I don't think single folk should be a Big part of any married couples life.
    We have never had any really close couple relationships in soon to be 29 years.
    P .S. I think you and the Mrs. are probably the picky ones..and that's okay.
    We like each other the most :D

3. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

my husband and i have not made friends...we had one very good easy going...laughing friend that recently passed away...difficult to find people like her

Hedi Mitchell and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I think all of us choose friends who share common interests with us.

As far as politics, I can be friends with people who have different political opinions than I do. But I could never be friends with people who ridicule and hate my chosen political party. I was invited to join a forum by a friend to play the games. But after reading their vicious attacks on Republicans, there is no way I would ever join there.

Hedi Mitchell and Yvonne Smith like this.