Magnesium Oil

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Terry Page, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I am with Frank on this one magnesium oil is probably good but to get more bang for your buck
    Epsom salts penetrates into your body in seconds and is dirt cheap. I nice Epsom salts bath will relax a person and also help with pain. Even if you use it as a foot bath you will find you can taste it in your mouth within minuets. Maybe I am a cheap I look for a bargain.

2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I use magnesium chloride flakes which I make up into the so called oil myself, so a 1kg bag at £6 (8 dollars) lasts me well over a year. I use it for magnesium deficiency, so the chloride which has more magnesium in than the sulfate (Epsom salts) works better for me. I use it in a spray bottle and 8 sprays will give me about 100mg of elemental magnesium.
    If you just want to relax then I agree Epsom salts is the way to go.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Last night I finally opened up the bottle of magnesium oil I bought quite awhile back and sprayed the soles of my feet. I just sprayed sparingly as I didn't know if I would have a reaction or not to it...but I noticed no burning at all. Of course maybe I didn't spray enough either. :) I did not notice any difference in my sleep last night but then this is the first time I have used it.

This morning I have sprayed my feet again with more than I sprayed last night. Last night because of what one the articles I read said...I massaged the oil I sprayed into each foot....but this morning I just sprayed it on and am letting it soak in by itself. @Terry Page do you massage it in...or just spray it on?

Since I am just beginning this I can't say I notice any difference right now but I am going to give it at least a month's trial because I could really use more energy and better sleep...and also since I do have irregular heart beat off and on...I'm hoping it will help with this too.

As for the Coconut Oil I stopped using that when I was into my second container of it. I started having problems with my IBS making my bowels loosen more often. When I stopped the coconut oil..this also stopped. But I had been taking more than I started with so maybe that was the problem. I do notice that my mind is often foggy again which the coconut oil did seem to help. So @Yvonne Smith do you think my dose was maybe to high and I should give it a try again at the low dose I started with?

And @Terry Page I think you said you feel the magnesium oil helps you feel more clear headed?

Terry Page likes this.
  4. Terry Page

Registered

Yes it did clear my head @Babs Hunt, I hope it works for you, as far as I recall it made a difference within a couple of days, but we are all different and there is of course the placebo effect, but I definitely feel it is making a real physical difference to me.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Babs Hunt likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well with all you let us see in pictures that you do, etc...something is working to give you that energy and stamina. :) And since you went off of it and noticed the difference in your energy levels, etc., I think it definitely is working for you. :) And I hope it will in time for me too. :)

I am thrilled that drinking yogurt smoothies on a daily basis allowed me to get off the 40 mg of Prilosec I had been taking for years for GERD. Now I have an occasional bout of mild heartburn...and that comes when I stop drinking the yogurt smoothies for a week or more. So I know this is a real help to me. :) Plus I have definitely been getting my daily quota of fruit too. I am working on getting more of the green stuff in me...I'm going to have to drink that too because my appetite just doesn't want to eat much anymore. I do better drinking my nutrition at this season in my life.

Terry Page likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yesterday I had sprayed some of the magnesium oil on my feet in the morning and then again last night Terry. I don't know if it was just a coincidence or not that I had so much energy yesterday that I gave our front porch a makeover, etc. and I also slept better last night too. But that might have been because I did so much yesterday and wore myself out with that excess energy. :) The verdict is not in yet for me...but it's looking pretty good that magnesium oil may be beneficial in my life. :)

Don Alaska and Terry Page like this.
  7. Terry Page

Registered

That's good news @Babs Hunt at least hopefully it is, I know my daughter Caroline and a couple of others got an instant response, and in fact if Caroline takes too much, she gets a buzzy energy feeling, so don't overdo it if does work ;)

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

https://www.drdeborahmd.com/magnesium

From Dr. Deborah's Desk

Allow me to sing the praises of topical magnesium. I was not a believer, based on some anecdotal evidence, until I had a persistent muscle twitch and a sample bottle of the oil. Two sprays and GONE, or at least it's been gone for the last four months and counting. Rusty is a patient I've known for decades - a crusty kind of fellow with no patience for many of the gentle measures I offer - was suffering with intractable muscle spasms in his upper back after an uncomfortable session of radiation for his bone cancer. Modalities I would usually recommend were of no help, including massage and physical therapy. I sent his wife home with a bottle of magnesium oil and urged her to rub it in, twice daily. When he came to the office a few days later, he said in an aside, "Oh, by the way, that stuff seemed to work." High praise from his mouth!

I have a patient named Ginny, who is as enthusiastic with words as Rusty is sparse, for whom we've never found an effective treatment to calm her Restless Legs Syndrome, although we've tried several. She was glowing and eager to catch my eye when I saw her recently: "My legs are better!" after she tried the magnesium oil for two weeks.

I believe we are all relatively speaking magnesium deficient. The test for magnesium adequacy is not readily available, it requires a measuring of the magnesium content within our red blood cells. Our blood levels (reported in most chemistry panels) do not necessarily reflect the level inside the cells, which is the level that really matters. Yet it is not uncommon for people to have abdominal discomfort when they take oral magnesium, even with a clear deficiency symptom. I am delighted that I have confidence in the forms available for topical administration.

Don Alaska and Terry Page like this.
  9. Terry Page

Registered

I have noticed that in using magnesium oil I get the increased energy even when tired, which feels odd, I did the usual treatment of oil on Sunday and having not slept well after a late night, I was buzzing with energy on Monday though feeling very tired, a few other users have had the same effect. I guess the same would apply to the tablet form but didn't have any effect when I briefly tried them.