Love Pancakes With Fruits

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Krissttina Isobe, Jul 26, 2016.

?

Pancakes or waffles?

1. pancakes

80.0%
  2. waffles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. neither I like bacon and eggs with potatoes or something close to it

20.0%
  1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Pancakes are good by itself. When you infuse pancakes with fruits it's even better. Not only is it nutritious, it's fun to eat and tastes oh so good! I love pancakes with fruits. It all began with making apple skins softer so it's easier for my Mom to eat it. Well we discovered that when you cook it with pancakes it's so soft to chew. My Mother loved them too for she can chew her apple with skins. I liked the recipes of muffins with fruit in them. I implemented fruits in pancakes after reading some muffin with fruits recipes. I love the I-Hop commercial with all sorts of different kinds of tweeks to pancakes too. It's good to be creative when you eat. Love apples and kiwi fruit in our pancakes! How about you what kind of fruit do you like in your pancakes?

Joe Riley likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't like pancakes or waffles, I'm more of an egg person or protein bar for breakfast. I don't care for cereal either.

I will once in a great while eat a bowl of oatmeal.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My wife makes delicious pancakes w/blueberries in them. I will sometimes toss a couple of sausage links on the grill to go with them. She likes Mickey D's pancakes and we go their a few Saturday's or Sunday's a month. For me, it's either an Egg McMuffin Combo or Sausage Burrito Combo. We go to WH (Waffle House) for breakfast sometimes. She always gets a waffle and I always get their ham/cheese omelet breakfast. We don't go to iHOP anymore b/c their toppings for their pancakes are just too sweet for us and us both being Diabetic II..........that's a definite "NO, NO".

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Pancakes with blueberries (pie filling) on top are my favorite. Occasionally I will sprinkle blueberries (fresh) on before flipping them. Waffles....just butter & syrup.;)

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I love pancakes but we seldom have them at home. The usual place I get to eat pancakes is the Pancake Restaurant which specializes in pancakes for breakfast. But the best I had tasted was in a restaurant in Baguio City when we were vacationing there. The pancake had syrup and sliced strawberries on the side plus a side dish of crispy fried bacon. It was so good that on the next morning we came back to that same place just for that pancake. I wonder if we can make such pancakes at home. There are pancake mix in a box that needed only water to make the dough. But whenever we make pancakes, the fruit is banana and there is no bacon, huh.

Joe Riley and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  6. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I like pancakes and waffles both. Especially with fruit, syrup, and a cold glass of milk. Who could ask for anything more? Maybe, a side of bacon?

Joe Riley and Krissttina Isobe like this.