Living In Assisted Living

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Lon Tanner, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

It is obviously different than living alone in your own home or with a spouse. It takes time to learn the schedules and procedures. I am still independent but don't miss the household chores associated with living in your own home or the shopping and meal planning. My apartment is comfortable and my lap top and internet makes it possible to order many things that I want or need and have them delivered to my apartment at modest cost via Amazon. One of the staff just made my bed and picked up my used bath towels to wash later with my other laundry. I am looking at the meal menu for the day and have decided that I will have the Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich when I go to the dining room for lunch. After lunch I will return to my apartment and continue reading a novel for a couple of hours. AND THEN A brief nap.
    Earlier this morning I went TARGET in the Limo with three other residents. I was looking for a small table but couldn't find what I wanted. My big purchase was some cheese and a extension cord.

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Patron Registered

@Lon Tanner , it sounds like you have the best of both options; maintain your independence and still live well.

Holly Saunders and Bess Barber like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

Expensive to live there, Lon?

4. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The combination of these two made me smile.

Holly Saunders and Frank Sanoica like this.
  5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes Cody It is expensive but payments from my Long Term Insurance Policy helps.