Life After Death Do You Believe Or

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Holly Saunders, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I really don't believe we can communicate with the dead, any of us, try though we may.
    I sort of agree. When we die its over. If not and the next life is as hard as this one or harder, I'd as soon pass. Is there life after this one? We don't know. We never will in this life.

Chrissy Cross and Sheldon Scott like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

What you were seeing was an empty shell, like discarded clothes
    Even surgeons have been convinced now that we have a soul that leaves the body. They did their own experiments on this and
    were stunned by the outcome.
    Why some people 'don't' have the experience, I can't explain. But people 'do' have amazing experiences - for sure

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Frank Sanoica - Of course there will be frauds as there is in any business undertaking - even 'preachers and priests'
    are not immune to that :rolleyes:

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

That must be true for 'some'
    In all my experiences, I never wanted communication at all
    It just happened and at the most unlikely times too
    I rarely relay experiences, its a personal occurrence that just happens. I've always just accepted it
    So I certainly ain't here to convince anybody but would suggest an 'open mind' to the possibility

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I was a little girl growing up, we had a older lady that lived just down the street from us, and she was known as kind of a "fortune teller". I dont know if she tried to communicate with people who had passed away, but she might have done that. In any case, people went to see her that had questions about something and wanted an answer. She was a friend of my mother's, and seemed like a really nice and honest person, so I don't think that she would have made anything up just to tell people.
    I think that maybe she had premonitions, and was able to advise people from that perspective. I have no idea how accurate she was in her predictions, but she always had people going to talk with her about things, so she must have been right enough that people believed in her abilities.
    That some people can sense things that the rest of us do not seems possible to me. My mother seemed to be sensitive to what I think of as "messages from God", and occasionally I have had this phenomenon happen myself.
    I probably have related this story before about the family (whole car full of us) going to put flowers on graves on Memorial Day, and just before a blind corner on the highway, my mom swerved off of the road and stopped. Before we could even ask her why, one of those huge auto-transport trucks came through the underpass, almost crashing into the concrete on our side of the highway.
    If Mom had not stopped when she did, we would all have been smashed between the transport semi and the concrete wall.
    I asked her about it later, and she just told me that God had told her to pull off of the road immediately. Whether a person believes in God or not, something causes these kinds of extra sensory perceptions, and they do happen, for whatever reason.

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

premontions which I do have to point of being scary...even for me.However, for me premontions are not connected to "life after death". I do not even consider being able to sense the oncoming of good or bad as fortune telling...if so I would be rich.
    Some people do have a unknown sense ..um gene maybe...that gives us a heighthened sense of atmospheric going on's that can help us out if harms way.
    It can also be considered a curse to have such an ability. More promonate in women than men sounds like.

Yvonne Smith likes this.