Kitchen Disasters;)

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Denise Evans, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Anyone have any stories/photos to share on "troubles in cooking"?? LOL! Here's one of mine, I was so proud I had to take a pic what used to be, sweet taters;)

taters.jpg

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Lol, I have plenty of disasters but no pics now. I've deleted them after showing them to someone.

Most involve burning. :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Ruby Begonia likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Denise Evans

Registered

You can always tell the story @Chrissy Page. I'm still trying to find the "poptart" photo when a roomie of mine, "over" cooked a poptart in a microwave. There was also the time that my nephew-in-law was cooking up a bit of canned-corn for his dinner. Oh to have a photo of that one:(

But it all started with an evening of my niece fixing dinner, as typical, while my NIL was drinking his pre-dinner beer (ale for you folks across the pond, lol). The NIL gets a bit sloshed, then doesn't want to eat when the meal is ready. So my niece just learned to live with it, as we went on to have supper that memorable night.

After cleaning the kitchen, finishing up, heading for the living-room to watch a little TV. All is well, basically, but then, the NIL decides he is hungry, and since my niece won't go as far as leaving him a plate of food, we hear him searching for crumbs, LOL! Well, he found a few things, after foraging through the left-overs, and decided he would add a can of corn as well. I looked over to see if my niece was paying any attention to the "noises" in the kitchen, but no, she was well into her show.

So I ignored it as well, rather than go in and see if I could help him. Never get into family disputes that don't involve me;) Just as I too was getting engrossed in the "show" on TV, something happened in the "kitchen" show. A loud blast that brought back memories of our, own Roseburg, Oregon blast in the 60's. It wiped out several blocks of the town. I looked at my niece again, and she hadn't moved!! Or even taken her eyes off the tellie! I held a mirror under her nose right away, ok, no, I didn't do that, but I did ask her if we should go look in the kitchen. No, she said, it's just "his name shall remain unspoken". Ok, I thought.

But I couldn't bare to sit and wonder, so I walked into the kitchen. There was my 6'4" NIL standing by the stove, doing nothing but standing there. He was wearing his glasses, and as I started to assess the damage, everything insight, including my NILs glasses, were covered with corn. Corn everywhere. To this day he says that he removed the lid from the can before he set it "right" on the burner, mind you.

Well, in the aftermath, my niece told him that she was not cleaning one inch of what "he" had done to the kitchen, and she never did as far as I know. Oh, the can the corn was in was nowhere to be found, until I looked up, and saw it was lodged in one of those ceiling-lights. Also, unbeknownst to my niece the next morning, she put on her coat that was hanging on the rack, and went off to work. Her buddies there discovered and got a good yuck when they saw there was corn stuck to the back of her coat.

For months, maybe even year later, they were still finding bits of corn. What's vivid in my mind, is the tall man with glasses, and tipsy for sure, standing there with corn stuck to his glasses. The end.

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Wow, I want his recipe, LOLLLLL!! Not just one nuclear cloud hovering, but two no less!!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yikes Denise! Funny if it's not your kitchen or coat covered in corn. :) He could have gotten hurt though. Alcohol and cooking don't mix.

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I do have a gross story though. This was when I was a young mother and had a bandaid covering a booboo on my finger. I was making meatloaf that night. I didn't notice the missing band aid until my husband found it in his piece of meatloaf. YUCK!

8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Not as bad as peed on corn flakes though. :)

10. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

All mine involved burning of some sort, though no photos were taken, maybe because of all the smoke ;)

I remember leaving some potatoes to boil on the gas hob, and went out and completely forgot them, until I returned a couple of hours later to find a buckled saucepan full of charcoal. :eek:

11. Denise Evans

Registered

True, he was a lucky feller:)
    OMG, I didn't get an alert on this, this is hillarious, LOL!!

12. Denise Evans

Registered

I saw that title somewhere, was afraid to look I guess, lol;)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

Yeah, and I never believed all that about charcoal being good for me, LOL:)

Terry Page likes this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It's pretty disgusting!

Denise Evans likes this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

The thread on "cornflakes"??

Now you know I'm going to have to go look, LOL!